My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Husbands and CSP

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm

docmaggoo wrote:I keep thinking of giving CSP a try
DH doesn't want to know at all - thinks its "yucky!!"
Might just start giving it a go - and see how long it takes him to notice :giggle: :giggle:

Then again - my AF is few and far between to say the least! Only 3x yr on a good year!
and as DD is only 4 months old - who knows when I'll need them again!?!

My AF came back before my DS was 4 months old and I was BF fulltime so you may need them sooner than you think :evil:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:54 pm

red_dwarf wrote:
docmaggoo wrote:I keep thinking of giving CSP a try
DH doesn't want to know at all - thinks its "yucky!!"
Might just start giving it a go - and see how long it takes him to notice :giggle: :giggle:

Then again - my AF is few and far between to say the least! Only 3x yr on a good year!
and as DD is only 4 months old - who knows when I'll need them again!?!

My AF came back before my DS was 4 months old and I was BF fulltime so you may need them sooner than you think :evil:

I only have 3 periods a year (at most!!) and have done since I was 14!
Needed clomid to concieve my 1st baby (PCOS)
Didn't get AF back until he was 8 months old - but only had 2 cycles between then & when he was 18months when I concieved naturally ( :wine: ) his sister!
I fed him till he was 15 months old - so with my history of irregularity & still BF - who knows when I might need CSP .... but hey... longer for me to sneak it in without hubby realising!!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 pm

My husband is pretty chilled out about it all but I think asking him to put them in the wash would be a step too far. He'd happily take them out once they're clean though.
I also made my husband stroke them haha. His face kind of melted into happiness at the softness :hohoho:

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:46 pm

i showed my hubby some csp I made and bought (never used yet, just been stocking up and plan to use after I've had this baby). He seemed horrified that I would wear them and wash then reuse them. He said he doesn't mind about cloth nappies but these are weird!! :-? Silly man. It's only in the last few decades that disposable ones came about!!

Oh well, it's not going to stop me using them :)

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:51 pm

jennyclaire wrote:It's only in the last few decades that disposable ones came about!!

Good point! Well made :D

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a squeamish husband! They may grow up one day?!?

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:52 pm

My DH doesn't have any feelings either way I don't think. I think he thinks its just part of my unconventionalness (if that is a word) :giggle: sometimes he refers to them as my 'nappies' !

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 pm

My DH approves of mine, mostly because it means I don't have to buy sposie ones each month. He knows what they are and what they are for, will wash them if necessary. Doesn't seem to bother him.

Previous

Return to Mums Things