hf1

Stains on CSP

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Stains on CSP

Postby Asta » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 am

I'm having real trouble with my CSP staining, is this just a normal part of using it or is there anything I can do?

I rinse with cold water when I change them, they get washed with the nappies and hung outside when I can but even the sun doesn't take it out. It worries me what's lurking inside them when they're stained on the surface. TBH it's putting me off using them even though their comfier and I get less pain with them.

The OBV is far worse than the cuddlesoft/velboa ones I've got but I prefer the feel of the OBV!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Stains on CSP

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:30 am

What temp do you wash them at with the nappies? Hot water can set stains like blood. I wash our nappies on 40, and my csp get washed with them and ive not got anyw ith stains on, and all but one of my csp are bv topped

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 am

I wash with the nappies too. Do a pre-wash & a 40 wash & I have no problems with staining.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:35 pm

i also soak my in a salt soulion just before washing

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:46 pm

i expected mine to stain but they haven't. i rinse under cold water immediately after taking off. it takes ages for the water to run clear. i just keep squeezing it out until the water runs clear. then a few days later they go in the wash with either clothes or nappies, not fussed which.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:59 pm

I mostly wash at 60 so that may be why then. I'll try soaking them in salt water as well and see if I can get the stains out now.

I sometimes find the water running clear when they're obviously not clean as well.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:08 pm

I think you probably need to lower the temp you wash at. I always wash at 30 or 40 max and never have stain trouble with CSP.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Hun I have this problem as well and I think its something to do with my blood rather than the CSP.Not sure though, If I ever cut my self and get it on anything its always stains and is a right pain to get out.
Any good tips welcome here !

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I wash my csp at 60c becuase they get washed with the nappies and i always wash nappies at 60c however i dont get stains but i do get bleaching to the csp which is odd...white patches :-? I also rinse under cold water when i change them...

Next

Return to Mums Things