hf1

Decent nursing Bras?!

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Decent nursing Bras?!

Postby weebee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and would really love a decent nursing bra to wear under my new dress. It seems a shame to have an enhanced cleavage when it's always so saggy and drooping waist-ward :( Whilst the mere thought of wires causes me to wince, I would love a decent bra that'll make the most of my newly enhanced assets. At the moment I wear a Bravado Body Silk in large (love that it isn't a "size" as I've no clue what cup I am these days- was an F before so could be G or H now!)- I guess I also need a shop that is good for sizing breast feeding boobs (they change so much through the day. Some evenings I have big boob, little boob?! haha :giggle: )

Cheers!

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Decent nursing Bras?!

Postby Debbie81 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:04 pm

there's a range called "hot milk" :giggle: which have a really good rep and they are beautiful. you could google for stockists, i think maybe mothercare might have them...

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

I gave up with nursing bras. Was allergic to the plastic clip things on every brand I tried. Once I'd put a normal bra back on, I never went back. The shape was so much better. I just wiggle/ pull the cup to the side

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 am

Virtually all of my nursing bras are Cake Lingerie or HotMilk. You can pick up some bargains if you shop around. There are a load of Hot Milk bras on ebay just now that are half the usual RRP. I do have a couple of underwired ones that I wear occasionally too. These ones.

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I've got 2 lovely Panache bras from Bravissimo, not cheap but worth every penny as they fit beautifully and give my cleavage the umph it needs :giggle:

My bigget tip whatever you go for is to get properly measured either at Bravissimo or an independent lingerie shop, somewhere that measures you without a tape measure ;) It doesn't matter how pretty the bra is if it doesn't fit properly it's not really going to help, and if you're going to spend a bit you want it to be the right size. Once you know your correct bra size then I agree with PP that eBay is a great place to look :)

My avatar
didifrench
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby didifrench » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 pm

I used Freya nursing bra, great support, you can find some "pretty" ones. Bought them on ebay for a fraction of the price, and they are still looking great for when we will have baby 3, so really hard wearing too.
I also had some from debenhams which were padded, bought them when my daughter was about 8 months old and not feeding all the time, and they made my breasts look good under tight tops and gave great cleavage too, but that was when I went from a 34 FF when breastfeeding full time to an not so full 34 D...

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 pm

indigosky2k wrote:I've got 2 lovely Panache bras from Bravissimo, not cheap but worth every penny as they fit beautifully and give my cleavage the umph it needs :giggle:

My bigget tip whatever you go for is to get properly measured either at Bravissimo or an independent lingerie shop, somewhere that measures you without a tape measure ;) It doesn't matter how pretty the bra is if it doesn't fit properly it's not really going to help, and if you're going to spend a bit you want it to be the right size. Once you know your correct bra size then I agree with PP that eBay is a great place to look :)

I totally agree!
Bravissimo is fantastic!

The panache & freya bras are properly manufactured for larger busts. They haven't just made a 32A bra and made the measurements bigger - there is more engineering involved in order for the bra to work properly for larger boobs!

I had to go and get a new one on Sunday - gone from 34F to 34G! That's why my bra wasn't fitting right :giggle:
Much happier now I have one that is properly supportive

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

I have 2 hotmilk ones and really like them, however I find myself just pulling the boob out more and more rather than unclipping the cup so might just get a nice normal bra next!

My avatar
lauraloo1917
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lauraloo1917 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

My fave is Luminous by HotMilk - I was dreading losing my beloved boulder-holder underwired bras but these are pretty and supportive. Will never be as supportive as a sturdy expensive under-wired but I love it so far...nice matching panties as well. For night-times/not-leaving-the-house bra I love Bravado's standard bra...but too wobbly for leaving the house and scaring the local hoodies :hohoho:

Return to Mums Things