Who does nursing bras in size 30?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Who does nursing bras in size 30?

Postby Juli » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble finding a nursing bra in a 30D (and once baby is here I will need it in a larger cup size for the first little while). All the major department stores only start at 32. I bought this one from M&S http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack-Maternity-Cotton-Non-Wired-Nursing/dp/B005FU1ISI?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=541132031&sr=1-2&qid=1322748186&pf_rd_r=032G6H94G3Z112N88AQ9&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=541132031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3 and I really like it. It's perfectly comfortable, but I'm already using it on the tightest setting and I know once I've worn it for a while and it has stretched a bit it won't fit anymore. This is fine while I'm pregnant and my ribcage expands as the baby pushes everything up into it :giggle: but won't work after the baby is born and everything has settled down again.

So, can anyone recommend a similar nursing bra that comes in size 30? I'm specifically looking for something as light as this one. I don't really like bras with huge amounts of support. I like to be completely unaware of my bra, if that makes any sense. I tried one with a larger band running under the cups, but found that I didn't like the pressure on my stomach from the wide band.

Thanks in advance :wave:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Who does nursing bras in size 30?

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:14 pm

I have had problems getting a 32, got a couple from Hotmilk in the end and they are lovely.
When being fitted for a nursing bra you shouldn't have it on the tightest setting first, it should be in the middle or there abouts when you milk first comes in and then as your supply settles it will need to be tightened.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I had the same problem as I'm a 30dd, I got mine from hotmilk and freya! I think bravissimo also do them! :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 pm

scarlet wrote:I had the same problem as I'm a 30dd, I got mine from hotmilk and freya! I think bravissimo also do them! :hug: :hug:

Yes, I've had a look at bravissimo, but all their bras are so highly structured and quite stiff I find, which makes sense because they're designed to give support to large busts, but isn't really what suits me unfortunately.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:24 pm

Do you have a budget in mind and are you wanting pretty or happy to for-go style for function?

My avatar
kermitgirl
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby kermitgirl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm

I am a 30J - not the easier size to get nursing bras in, and even hard to get cool ones like Hot Milk. I have ordered from Figleaves, the NCT online shop or gone to John Lewis or Bravissimo. The ones I like best as they are not white and go down to 30 and give a reasonable shape are panache Image

I have not tried a Freya but liked their wired non maternity bras, Royce are pretty good, although some of them are a bit utilitarian and don't give the most flattering shape. A nursing bra that doesn't give a large bust a low slung monoboob look is a rare thing!

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:32 pm

I loved the Royce Charlotte but its maybe not quite what you're after.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 pm

scarlet wrote:Do you have a budget in mind and are you wanting pretty or happy to for-go style for function?

I guess I wouldn't want to spend more than £20 on a bra. And I care much more about comfort than style.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Mungo wrote:I loved the Royce Charlotte but its maybe not quite what you're after.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I find it hard to tell from a picture. I'll have to see whether any shops here stock them so I can try them on.

Next

Return to Mums Things