hf1

Any advice on home made post natal belly belt

My avatar
K3lly1985
Clothie
Clothie

Any advice on home made post natal belly belt

Postby K3lly1985 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Ive been looking at buying a Bally bandit type thing for after I've had baby. As with my othe two I can remember I felt great apart from my wobbly tummy under my cloths, and hoping this will make me feel more confident.
But they are expensive. So I was thinking has anyone made one or got any advice.

I do have a tummy tuck girdle type thing I used to wear, but I don't want anything to cover my pants, just across my belly. Not sure if I could maybe use that and just cut it to make it for just my tummy? But think that would prob ride up and curl.

Any help be great.

Thanks

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Any advice on home made post natal belly belt

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:09 am

If you're just wanting a tummy cover-up, a tube of stretchy fabric should work. You can just cut off the top of a t-shirt at the armpits (one that will fit quite snugly so as not to shift about) and use the botton piece as a band, or sew a tube to whatever size you need. It would cover up your tummy but would not be supportive.

That Belly Bandit looks like it should be very supportive, I'm not sure how you'd go about making something like that. If you don't want to buy a new one, why not post a wanted ad in the classifieds?

My avatar
K3lly1985
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Any advice on home made post natal belly belt

Postby K3lly1985 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah, wNt it more for the support of that loose belly look till I can go gym.
I have got a girdle, might just cut the gusset out n see if it works first befor buying a belt.

Thanks

Return to DIY and share your projects!