Anyone made a mattress protector?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Anyone made a mattress protector?

Postby littlesez » Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 pm

I have a lovely one from WN for izzy's bed but obviously its small i need a mahoosive one for our bed as Isobella has peed in it and on me! :roll: a few times i am sick of scrubbing the bloody mattress :evil:

I have some PUL was thinking some cheap terry towelling? or microfibre and then just what to have for top layer ?

Any help much appreciated

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Anyone made a mattress protector?

Postby queen bee » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 pm

I bought a nice towelling and waterproof backing one for our double bed from Boyes last week for about £9. I've got loads of the single ones for our kids beds. They wash really well and aren't the really crunchy type.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

I've used this tutorial http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-crib-and-toddler-bed-sheets.html to make fitted sheets before, you could adjust the measurements to fit your bed then add a layer of PUL and then something absorbant over the top in the 'danger' area. As the top layer I'd probably use fleece or minky so it acts like a stay dry layer

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon May 14, 2012 10:04 pm

I use a giant cheep fleece blanket folded in half with a huge bath towel in the middle. Works great! If she pees, the towel soaks it up and it doesn't seep through.

Return to DIY and share your projects!