My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Pfaff!

Postby sim » Sun May 20, 2012 8:26 pm

@clothmama

As requested! I finally got to spend some time this evening playing :yahoo:
I :love: my new sewing machine - a birthday present from DH and my mum that is a bit late as it was out of stock.
It is a Pfaff Select - the 150 anniversary edition which is the same machine as the 3.0 but has some extra feet with it.

It has IDT built in so no need for a seperate walking foot :thumbsup:

I've been trying to get the tension right - what do you think? (This is very thin IKEA fabric, so probably not the best choice!) @MissFrodo

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Pfaff!

Postby MissFrodo » Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Lovely new machine!

I only see the toppart so no idea if the tension is ok, if the bottom one looks the same it is ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon May 21, 2012 7:35 am

:yahoo: :yahoo: That is Fab! Can't wait to see what you do.

Is the bottom of the bit where the foot goes plastic? Mine is and it has bothered me but looks like others are doing it now too!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 am

Oh it's gorgeous :love: I inherited my mother's ancient brother machine recently. Got it out for the first time yesterday to get used to it & I must say it is a much better machine than any of the ones I bought new for myself. Obviously not as good as your pfaff but I have to work up to one of those :wink:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 pm

clothmama wrote::yahoo: :yahoo: That is Fab! Can't wait to see what you do.

Is the bottom of the bit where the foot goes plastic? Mine is and it has bothered me but looks like others are doing it now too!

The part that cOnnects to the foot is metal but the part that connects the IDT to the foot is plastic. Is that what you meant? @clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 22, 2012 8:09 am

sim wrote:
clothmama wrote::yahoo: :yahoo: That is Fab! Can't wait to see what you do.

The part that cOnnects to the foot is metal but the part that connects the IDT to the foot is plastic. Is that what you meant? @clothmama

Ahhh no my whole bottom bit is a very strong sort of plastic. What is an IDT?

Return to DIY and share your projects!