hf1

Quickest easiest way to make a strapless top with woven cott

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Quickest easiest way to make a strapless top with woven cott

Postby happytails » Sun May 27, 2012 6:10 pm

I need to make a strapless top for myself for tomorrow. Got serious strap lines from all weekend and I'm bridesmaid for my friends weeing Saturday and the dresses are strapless! I'm going to look silly!

Soo I was thinking of doing a back panel a wider front panel so it flows(to accommodate growing bump) that would taper towards the bust. Sewn together and hemmed and then elastic round the top to hOld it up. Maybe add some sort of bunching effect under the bust too somehow? Does that sound like it would work?

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Quickest easiest way to make a strapless top with woven cott

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun May 27, 2012 7:12 pm

You could add elastic around under the bust too :D

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Quickest easiest way to make a strapless top with woven cott

Postby red_dwarf » Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 pm

You could just do a shirred top. Get some elastic thread from teh sewing shop. cut the fabric about twice your width and slightly longer than you want it. hem the top and bottom , and then sew with the elastic thread about 1"appart for however much you want the elastic going. will sit on your boobs really nicely, pull under them too depending on how much you shirr it. there are tutorials online to shit as well. all you then need to do is sew the ends together into a tube and there you go a quick and easy top

Return to DIY and share your projects!