hf1

Waldorf Dolls

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Waldorf Dolls

Postby Tara84 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:29 pm

has anybody had a go at making a walldorf doll?
I want to get Evie a wooden dolls pram for her birthday and wanted to get her a waldorf doll to go with it but can't afford both so thought about making her a doll.
Can anyone reccomend a kit? I'd probably want to get some nice hand spun yarn for the hair and could use my own fabric for clothes so would just need the basics.

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Waldorf Dolls

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 pm

- I have seen alot of kits - will get you the links -

But have you looked at bramble hedge cottage on facebook - I find Maxines dolls really well priced she makes customs as well as ready to go on her etsy - Ours is gorgeous x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:03 pm

No idea about kits but I got M a beautiful small one from Etsy for under £30. This is hers -

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm going to a Waldorf doll workshop run by the local Steiner school toddler group. Really excited.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:31 pm

I have a bramble hedge cottage dolltoo that Darcy got for her birthday today, if you decide to buy instead of make. It's the one in her profile pic at the moment but will post some pics of it on FB later for you :)

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 pm

This site has loads of bits for making your own Waldorf dolls. http://waldorfdolls.co.uk/
You can use handspun wool for hair if you fancy something funky and like dreadlocks. You can find tutorials on line to make the crochet wig caps too. :D

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:14 pm

I looked at getting a kit too, but ended up going for a Bramble Hedge Cottage doll. It's stunning, and really good value. Maxine is a joy to deal with too.

I've got another custom lined up to do a small dolly as a gift from the new baby to my dd.

She's on holiday just now I think though.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 pm

@Louise shes lovely, Catrin just spied her over my shoulder and said 'aww, what a pretty little baby' :love: she's now declared that she want's one too :roll: :giggle:

@queen bee that sounds fab, we have a steiner school opening near us in September, will have to see if they'll be doing one

@Hannahboo the one with blue hair and the happy hills fabric dress? She's stunning :love:

@50ftQueenie thank you that site is great, since you are the queen of yarn :wink: can you recommend anywhere to get handspun yarn from

The bramble cottage dolls are lovely, I don't know if I'll have enough time for a custom will have to wait until she's back from holiday and see what she has instock, does anyone know how much her instocks are usually?

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I got the yarn for Martha's doll from here........ http://www.etsy.com/shop/FeltStudioUK?s ... id=7044211 but there are plenty of places you can find handspun. :D Etsy is a good place to look. http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade/kni ... =UK&page=2

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!