hf1

Casting on.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Casting on.

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 am

Yay, glad you're getting there! Just remember not to cast on too tightly, otherwise it'll be a PITA trying to knit the first row, as others have said using a larger needle to cast on can help. If you find your stitches are hard to move along, sprinkle a bit of baby powder on your hands and the needles.

My granny taught me to knit as a child, but one thing i never got the hang of until just a few years ago was the casting on, I used to get my mum to cast project on for me when she came over :lol:

My avatar
daisydoodles
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Casting on.

Postby daisydoodles » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:26 pm

gayleygoo wrote:Yay, glad you're getting there! Just remember not to cast on too tightly, otherwise it'll be a PITA trying to knit the first row, as others have said using a larger needle to cast on can help. If you find your stitches are hard to move along, sprinkle a bit of baby powder on your hands and the needles.

My granny taught me to knit as a child, but one thing i never got the hang of until just a few years ago was the casting on, I used to get my mum to cast project on for me when she came over :lol:

I've always struggled with picking up stitches and used to get mum or nan to do that for me! :giggle:

My replacement wool hasn't arrived yet so I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs, my sewing machine is in being serviced so I'm bored silly!! :(

Has anyone ordered from Adventures in Woolyland before?? There's nothing on the site to say how long for delivery

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!