hf1

Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 pm

I have been looking for nursing bras for a while online just to see what is out there but struggling to find something nice in my size for a reasonable price, so was considering just buying the clips to convert the bras I have at the moment until my boobs have settled down once my milk has come in and then go out and have a look for some decent fitting nursing bras.

I went from a 38D when pregnant with Darcy to a 40F when :bf: they then settled at a 40E once I had finished feeding her which is what they still are now.

Was just wondering if anyone had converted their normal bras and did they work out ok? It looks pretty simple to do and the clips I have found are £4.99 per pair so would work out much cheaper than paying a fortune for bras that may need replacing again after a couple of weeks feeding if my boobs grow as much as last time!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Tara84 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I converted some of my maternity bras to nursing bras and they worked well

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Dora » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Going to stalk this thread as i have often wondered the same thing. I didnt have wireless bras before though to do it with...

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Tara84 wrote:I converted some of my maternity bras to nursing bras and they worked well


Fab, that was what I was hoping to hear :thumbsup: Do you remember how much you paid for the clips? Just wondering if I would find them cheaper than £4.99 a pair anywhere x

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby sim » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I did, but the nursing conversion clips I found weren't wide enough to take the width of elastic from the bras i needed for my comedy oversized boobies so I used metal snaps instead - two snaps on each strap. Worked perfectly!!
But don't forget to attach thin elastic or ribbon to stop the strap disappearing over your shoulder when you unclip.... :oops:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Hannahboo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:00 pm

sim wrote:I did, but the nursing conversion clips I found weren't wide enough to take the width of elastic from the bras i needed for my comedy oversized boobies so I used metal snaps instead - two snaps on each strap. Worked perfectly!!
But don't forget to attach thin elastic or ribbon to stop the strap disappearing over your shoulder when you unclip.... :oops:


:giggle: the sets I have seen come with elastic too for that exact reason :wink:

I never thought about using snaps, I actually have some here too so could always give it a go, if it doesnt work I could just get the clips :thumbsup:

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby Tara84 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

Hannahboo wrote:
Tara84 wrote:I converted some of my maternity bras to nursing bras and they worked well


Fab, that was what I was hoping to hear :thumbsup: Do you remember how much you paid for the clips? Just wondering if I would find them cheaper than £4.99 a pair anywhere x


I cut them off some awful matalan nursing bras I had, I think I found some clips on ebay will see if I saved the details

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby aimeet » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:55 am

A lady at playgroup did the same with buttons and some ribbon ;)

My avatar
deralia
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Has anyone converted normal bras to nursing bras?

Postby deralia » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:35 am

i'm sick of my ugly nursing bras and have discovered hot milk bras, second hand they're a bargain! soo pretty! gotta feel good getting the baps out (i also have boobs the size that make some people's eyes water "comedy style")


Return to DIY and share your projects!