hf1

Would you be happy with gifts made out of acrylic wool?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Would you be happy with gifts made out of acrylic wool?

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 am

There is acrylic and then there is acrylic if you know what I mean! There are some really lovely yarns available and as others have said with the bonus of being washable! I have made lots of hats etc out of non wool yarn and people have loved them!

It is such a lovely thing to make gifts, I'm sure they'll be well received!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

Yes I would love Such a thoughtful gift and to be honest I wouldn't care what it was made of whilst I love pure wool I rarely used it for cardi's under 18mts due to the washing :oops;

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 am

I would be too, if you search about there are some acrylics and mixes with good reviews. In fact I've been looking at this http://www.kempswoolshop.com/wool_detai ... D=52435862 for making a cardi for me, there are some other similar yarns out there too.

My avatar
becwebb
Clothie
Clothie

Postby becwebb » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:16 pm

I have to agree real wool gets stuck in the laundry box waiting for me to hand wash it so barely gets used and then there's a good chance DD will claim its too itchy and refuse to wear it. So I like the idea of wool but its not that practical.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 pm

jules070603 wrote:I would be too, if you search about there are some acrylics and mixes with good reviews. In fact I've been looking at this http://www.kempswoolshop.com/wool_detai ... D=52435862 for making a cardi for me, there are some other similar yarns out there too.

ive knitted pippa a dress out of that and a top for me it washes lovely and even survived when dh put it in the dryer

My avatar
katherineeah1
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby katherineeah1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Tbph, I'd be really annoyed if someone had gone to the effort to make me a gift and then I'd shrunk it in the wash by not putting it on a wool cycle. Much more annoyed than I would ever be from getting something made out of the wrong kind of yarn ;)

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!