hf1

My x-stitch projects - updated page 5

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

My x-stitch projects - updated page 5

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 pm

OK Eleanor as requested and in the spirit of the promise I made to post more here are some pics of my current x-stitch projects.

Here are some pics of 3 completed projects I did: a wedding sampler for SIL & BIL, a birth sampler for a friend and a ruby wedding sampler for my parents:

My current WIPs are; Cinderella that I am doing my little neice. First pic is how it looks completed and the second is my progress to date:

The second one is a mammoth task as the pattern is 42 pages - to put this is perspective the pic below is 1.5 completed pages:
Image[/quote]
This is what it will look like completed:

The 3rd one is a pair of swans I am doing for my dad but I will need to put up pics of this one later as I don't have a photo of my up-to-date progress

Hope you enjoy. And anyone else out there who :sew: or am I on my lonesome with this... :D
Last edited by Emma1977 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Scotia » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Oh wow Emma! Those are fantastic! I especially love the wedding sampler, it's utterly beautiful :)

Your WIPs look fabulous too, I hope you're going to update this thread as you go. I can't wait to see them all finished :)

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

WOW WOW WOW. The space picture is incredible. I really admire your patience. I am always putting stitches in the wrong place so I've now moved to knitting :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Wow! I have so much admiration for people who can cross stitch! I just don't think I could follow the charts, which actually seems pretty silly considering I can easily follow one for knitting :lol:
They are amazing, go you!

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks everyone :oops:

Bugglyboo wrote:WOW WOW WOW. The space picture is incredible. I really admire your patience. I am always putting stitches in the wrong place

:giggle: I do this ALL the time. I've just learned that unless it is glaringly obvious or makes the part of the stitching look all wrong I leave it well alone

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm

the wedding one is beautiful!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Beautiful, I adore the wedding sampler and have the same one waiting to be stitched when I get the time :)

I love cross stitch and have a couple of half finished projects that have been unfinished for about 3 years now but i have promised myself i will finish them!

I have a great one of a baby in a cloth nappy that says 'does my bum look big in this :giggle: still in the packet and am determined I will do it someday :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Lovely work ! I used to but not done it in a very long while. Might start it up again soon though.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:45 pm

These are my two favourites
Image Image

The bottom one is huge and took me. forever!

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!