hf1

My x-stitch projects - updated page 5

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Woozle35 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 pm

They are fabulous. My hubby x stitches (you so would not think he did if you saw him) and love sit. He only has a small project at the moment, a bookmark for my Mums Christmas present.

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Connie_334 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Wow, they are amazing. I love the wedding sampler. Where do you get them all from?

I've got one in progress but I don't think I've touched it for 6 years or so! I must dig it out of the wardrobe and get it finished.

I'd love to do a more grown up one though so might have to look out for a new project.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Connie_334 wrote:Wow, they are amazing. I love the wedding sampler. Where do you get them all from?

I've got one in progress but I don't think I've touched it for 6 years or so! I must dig it out of the wardrobe and get it finished.

I'd love to do a more grown up one though so might have to look out for a new project.

Sewandsew is great for kits. http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ I've also got some great computer software that turns any photo into a chart.

My avatar
Connie_334
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Connie_334 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:03 pm

Louise wrote:
Connie_334 wrote:Wow, they are amazing. I love the wedding sampler. Where do you get them all from?

I've got one in progress but I don't think I've touched it for 6 years or so! I must dig it out of the wardrobe and get it finished.

I'd love to do a more grown up one though so might have to look out for a new project.

Sewandsew is great for kits. http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ I've also got some great computer software that turns any photo into a chart.


Thanks for the link. Can I ask what the software is called and is it complex? Can you do any size of project from the photos?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Connie_334 wrote:
Louise wrote:
Connie_334 wrote:Wow, they are amazing. I love the wedding sampler. Where do you get them all from?

I've got one in progress but I don't think I've touched it for 6 years or so! I must dig it out of the wardrobe and get it finished.

I'd love to do a more grown up one though so might have to look out for a new project.

Sewandsew is great for kits. http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ I've also got some great computer software that turns any photo into a chart.


Thanks for the link. Can I ask what the software is called and is it complex? Can you do any size of project from the photos?

It's fairly easy to use, you choose the size of the finished chart. It's this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/DMC-Cross-Stitc ... roduct_top It doesn't work with all versions of Windows though unfortunately.

My avatar
Steph
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Steph » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Oh my word, just beautiful! So talented! Louise yours are beautiful too. I'm so jealous, I'm not at all crafty.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby weefywoo » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:54 am

Wow they are stunning! How you both have the patience is beyond me :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby lazylexis » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 am

I have some WIP too but not much time atm. I have a lovely wedding sampler that Louise did us. I have a birth one for N somewhere half finished but can't find it :-( . Must get one to do for J.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: My x-stitch projects.

Postby Emma1977 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:55 am

Louise - those are gorgeous. I especially :love: the cat. Lovely detail on it

Woozle35 wrote:They are fabulous. My hubby x stitches (you so would not think he did if you saw him) and love sit. He only has a small project at the moment, a bookmark for my Mums Christmas present.


:applause: It's so rare to find a man that loves x-stitch. Very :mrgreen:

Anyone with unfinished projects I would love to see pics too. It's always good to see what other people are working on :D

Connie - there are so many great sites for buying kits. As Louise mentioned Sew&Sew are great and I use them a lot. Ebay is also good :wink: Here's another one: http://www.thehappycross-stitcher.com/i ... fAodvgIAcg this is also good http://www.blacksheepwools.com/acatalog ... _kits.html

My absolute :love: is http://www.polstitchesdesigns.co.uk/ they do hand-dyed fabrics which are just :gosh: and :drool: They are the equivalent to buying all that yummy hand-dyed yarn.

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!

cron