TieDyeDiva Snazzy Pants V Fishsticks Inside/Out Pocket Pants

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

TieDyeDiva Snazzy Pants V Fishsticks Inside/Out Pocket Pants

Postby rachyrach » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Has anyone used both patterns?

I have the fishsticks one and have used it a few times. I know there is not much in boys patterns but wondered if the tie dye diva one is similar?
Also does anyone know of a good elasticated/drawstring waist trouser pattern anywhere?

Thanks

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: TieDyeDiva Snazzy Pants V Fishsticks Inside/Out Pocket Pants

Postby Bugglyboo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 am

Sorry, can't help but I will be keeping an eye on this thread as I'd love a trouser pattern.

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm

I have TDD Snazzy pants and the way cool shorts, well nearly all Jen's patterns. They are so easy to make and the fit is really good.

To go over cloth, I size up a size as the patterns are not cut for cloth. So for Patrick's trousers and shorts (he is nearly 2 and a chunky monkey) I size cut a 3T pattern, leg length to 2T and elastic for a 2T and they are perfect! Depending on what size cloth bum you have, you might get away with the correct size.

I have the fishtstick's overalls pattern which fit well but I find TDD easier to follow and Jen is an absolute star if you need help!

Good luck and happy :sewing:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Didnt try those 2 but I do know Ottbre magazine often has very good boypants patterns.

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:21 pm

I've heard alot about those and have browsed some back issues but the anount of knit patterns put me off. I've not been brave enough to try knits yet. am going to soon, am going to soon....

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 am

rachyrach wrote:I've heard alot about those and have browsed some back issues but the anount of knit patterns put me off. I've not been brave enough to try knits yet. am going to soon, am going to soon....

Hun give it a go and start with easy knits (cotton ones not the slippery stuff).

Return to DIY and share your projects!