hf1

Arty people help please

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Arty people help please

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:25 pm

i had an idea last night and am going to make dh a big collage flag of America with the toots's fit prints and hand prints. I've got a few ideas but need a bit of help on which would work best.

i am going to get it framed and ideally want it to last forever so i need to know if these ideas will fade etc. my plan is to do hand or foot prints fir the stripes and fingerprints for the stars.

1. take one print from each and scan and photo shop the flag together. Q. would the final picture have life sized foot prints? then i would print it into canvas or a photo a3 sized.

2. do the prints straight onto at canvas or paper. Q if i did this what kind of paint would be best. also if would end up being very messy but more 'real'

3. make a real flag out of material, and do the foot prints straight onto the fabric. Q is there a safe paint/dye to do prints with?

Amy ideas to help me?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Arty people help please

Postby northernruth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know about paint and fading, but how about doing the footprints onto fabric then cutting out that fabric and appliqueing onto the flag as stripes? That way the placement of the prints won't be critical.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Arty people help please

Postby Shaunie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm

I have no idea about most of that stuff :lol: but I did footprints using kids poster paint (Mothercare) almost 6yrs ago & that is yet to fade! I did use another poster paint for a print too which started to fade and a kind member on here sent me a small pot of a sort of clear varnish that I dadded on to prevent smears whch would make it last forever.

You could look for somethign similar in a craft shop. Sorry not much help with the other stuff, I am the least arty person!

Return to DIY and share your projects!