hf1

What fabric for the panel for a carrier?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

What fabric for the panel for a carrier?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks to @Frances and @PixieJemLeif I've now got my heart set on making a carrier :shock:

i got the http://www.seedpodcraft.com/blog/sweetpod/ and the instructions say to buy 'home decor fabric' for the panel, but if I look on fabric.com under home decor fabric it has everything from cotton, to minky to polyester. what should I use?

thanks

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What fabric for the panel for a carrier?

Postby Frances » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I've used two layers of cotton twill in the body of mine, for strength, topped off with a layer of normal cotton print

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 am

^^^wss

I guess they mean something strong, not dressmaking fabric.

My avatar
PixieJemLeif
Clothie
Clothie

Postby PixieJemLeif » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:18 pm

i bought heavy duty black twill cotton you could use curtain fabric but basically just heavy duty non scretch cotton or denim should do :)

i then overlaid a decorative patch ive been told how to upload pics so going to try show u my carrier :) x

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:47 pm

PixieJemLeif wrote:i bought heavy duty black twill cotton you could use curtain fabric but basically just heavy duty non scretch cotton or denim should do :)

i then overlaid a decorative patch ive been told how to upload pics so going to try show u my carrier :) x

I've decided, after buying the flipping pattern! that this one would serve me better right now.

http://www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/october2010/SMSPeaPodTutorial.pdf

It looks a lot easier, so I'll have a bash at this first then try the other. I did contact the girl that does the structured carrier and she says basically the same any heavy fabric.

Return to DIY and share your projects!