hf1

Anybody from Bedford/Wellingborough would teach sewing?

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Anybody from Bedford/Wellingborough would teach sewing?

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Ladies, I would love to learn how to sew. Anybody here gives lesson? How much do you charge? I can drive within Bedford and Wellingborough area. Or if you know anybody who offers lesson, please kindly PM me? Thanks! XX Grace.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Anybody from Bedford/Wellingborough would teach sewing?

Postby aimeet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm

I can't help but wanted to say hi, I'm in Mk so not far from you :)
Have you tried local quilting shops?

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi Aimee :) Thanks for saying hi. Yes. Not you are not far and I see that you love cloth nappies too :) I must say I have not tried the shop. Maybe will try tomorrow. Can you sew? XX Grace.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Grace, I do sew if I ever get time but I'm pretty rubbish if I'm honest, things always look a bit wonky. :giggle: but fine for my kids and me if I get round to it. There is a great shop in Fenny Stratford called threads and patches, they run workshops and courses there on all sorts of sewing and crafting skills, maybe worth a look :)

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm in Earls Barton! What type of sewing did you have in mind?

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:25 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:I'm in Earls Barton! What type of sewing did you have in mind?

Hehehe. I'd love to start with boosters and my dream would be to be able to, uhum, make my own cloth nappies? :oops: Yes, I'm a dreamer. My daughter still goes to school in Wellingborough area, I have time to go to Earls Barton during school hours apart from Thursday, Friday if I can afford the fee/cost. XX, Grace.

My avatar
Twinkeystar75
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Twinkeystar75 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:46 pm

aimeet wrote:Hi Grace, I do sew if I ever get time but I'm pretty rubbish if I'm honest, things always look a bit wonky. :giggle: but fine for my kids and me if I get round to it. There is a great shop in Fenny Stratford called threads and patches, they run workshops and courses there on all sorts of sewing and crafting skills, maybe worth a look :)

Will try look online for it. By the way, why is your mood says 'sad'? You OK Hun?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi,

I'm in Bedford and I sew a bit but couldn't possibly teach you anything.lol
This lady however does classes: http://kitchentablesewing.blogspot.co.u ... asses.html

Return to DIY and share your projects!