hf1

Idea for Lola's high chair - opinions please

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Idea for Lola's high chair - opinions please

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:40 pm

We've always used high chairs that turn into kid chairs, because I hate kids kneeling at the dinner table (odd I know!) Anyway I picked this chair up second hand for Lola, but the 'keep em in' bit is too high to go under the dining room table which is why its her breakfast and lunch chair. and we use an ikea cheapy.

When mum goes I'm going to have to get her to climb in herself, which would mean she's free to climb out.

SO I was thinking about making a thick velcro strap and cover it with PUL so I can keep her in. Good idea or not?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Idea for Lola's high chair - opinions please

Postby sim » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Sounds like a plan. Will it do up behind her so she can't reach it?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 pm

sim wrote:Sounds like a plan. Will it do up behind her so she can't reach it?

Hadn't thought of that.... it will now :thumbsup:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:11 am

We have a soft booster seat for Callum (that we originally got for Iris, so it's been pretty hard wearing!). It just sits on a regular dining chair and gets rid of the need for high chairs full stop. Because it's foam, it doesn't slip or slide - and no restraints are needed to fix it on - and it's easy to wipe clean.

Our high chair did fit under the dining room table, but Callum's pretty strong and could always push himself backwards, away from the table (scratching the floor in the process - grrrr!), but he's not strong enough to push the chair backwards. (Though the table sometimes moves. :giggle: ) So we just tuck him under the table to stop him hopping down during meals. Sorted. :)

http://www.princelionheart.com/site/f_7000.html

Return to DIY and share your projects!