Noo!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Noo!

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:06 am

My nanna gave me her old sewing machine i was so so excited and super grateful it is old which for some reason i really loved, i got the whole kit and know she took good care of it,I loved how all the instructions were all yewllow and well you know old looking :lol:

Threaded it all up yesterday and got ready. When i switched it on it started on its own!! :shock: I thought it might be a ghost as i was nowhere near the pedal but then it started smoking so i had to switch it off.
:(

Emailed singer as i thought i bet i can get a new pedal, they replied to say no its is not available anymore, gutted!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Noo!

Postby queen bee » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:51 am

Could you see if you could get the pedal repaired? There is a machine repair shop near me and the guy used to work for singer in their factory. He seems to be able to fix anything. What he doesn'mt know about sewing machines usn't worth knowing ;) If you can't find anywhere near you, you could post it to me and I can take it in to my sewing machine man.
Here's the details, if you want to give him a ring
Cresswell sewing machines
0115 926 7572

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

Oh no! Maybe try ebay? People sell faulty machines for spare parts or even the spare parts themselves sometimes.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 pm

It would be a one in a miliion i think but yeh i will have a look on ebay :)

I do have a repair shop near me i will ask there first and if not i would probably just drive to notts to have it fixed :D

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 am

I'm not necessarily recommending it, but my mam has adapted new pedals to fit an old machine by swapping the plug fittings over.

Return to DIY and share your projects!