What is your favorite craft . . .

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What is your favorite craft . . .

Postby sim » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:11 am

clothmama wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:my O rings I get from the DIy store for knitting markers - cheap easy and doens't matter if I loose them

OMG I'm so glad I'm not the only one - you will understand my excitement of what J showed me yesterday - He had to order some airconditioning seals from China and was cheaper to get them from there in a huge box than just a few here. I'd (for obvious reasons :hohoho: ) not bothered looking but then for some reason did yesterday and they are PURPLE I was so excited as that was the first thing I thought of :hohoho: :knit: @gilbertandmartha

Do you say purple????
Very cool!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:30 am

:giggle: yes purple @sim :yahoo:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 am

I think I need a link! I lose stitch markers (I think the fairies child hides them) with alarming frequency..

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 pm

@sim Halfords is usually your best bet for O rings you can buy a massive tub for buttons! or bunnings or what ever the diy store is called.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm

My seam allowance guide, because in europe you always have to add seam allowance.
The foot collection of my machine, won't bore you all with a list.

And I'm sure there's muh more that have become so standard that I don't think of it atm ;)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Random one for you here - my nail clippers. I've found that KAM snaps work best on thin projects if you snip the pointy end off about 2mm before snapping.

@MissFrodo so when I get around to making the Olivia dress will I need to add a seam allowance? its all in german so I will have to make it up as i go along

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:Random one for you here - my nail clippers. I've found that KAM snaps work best on thin projects if you snip the pointy end off about 2mm before snapping.

@MissFrodo so when I get around to making the Olivia dress will I need to add a seam allowance? its all in german so I will have to make it up as i go along

Yes you need to add seam allowance for all Farbenmix patterns.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks Esther, I'm glad you started this thread @clothmama

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:11 pm

It would be my rotary cutter, but, my lovely enormous cutting mat disappeared when we move and I keep ruining chopping boards with it :oops:
Alternative would be my project bag just because it's beautiful :D
I should really make a pin cushion and needle book to match to save them all floating around inside as the current ones are rubbish! However, repeatedly being stabbed doesn't seem to remind me enough :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!