hf1

Sigh, I bought the wrong fabric

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Sigh, I bought the wrong fabric

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm

From Spoonflower. I got octonauts fabric for Riley but got performance knit which is shiny type knit. So i'm trying to sell it, but doubt it will go. In the meantime I bought some normal knit. Thankfully DH has gone beyond asking me about my spending!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Sigh, I bought the wrong fabric

Postby clothmama » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:27 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:From Spoonflower. I got octonauts fabric for Riley but got performance knit which is shiny type knit. So i'm trying to sell it, but doubt it will go. In the meantime I bought some normal knit. Thankfully DH has gone beyond asking me about my spending!

Oh that is annoying :roll: I saw that when I was looking at ideas tunic tops and people make sports tops out of it - it looks sweaty to me??

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:46 pm

clothmama wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:From Spoonflower. I got octonauts fabric for Riley but got performance knit which is shiny type knit. So i'm trying to sell it, but doubt it will go. In the meantime I bought some normal knit. Thankfully DH has gone beyond asking me about my spending!

Oh that is annoying :roll: I saw that when I was looking at ideas tunic tops and people make sports tops out of it - it looks sweaty to me??

Yeah I had thought of making some kind of sports top.... just not with the octonauts all over it! and it would just look odd on a kid! put this one down to experience I reckon

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:39 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:Yeah I had thought of making some kind of sports top.... just not with the octonauts all over it! and it would just look odd on a kid! put this one down to experience I reckon

Would it work as a skirt - they are often that material?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:10 am

clothmama wrote:
gilbertandmartha wrote:Yeah I had thought of making some kind of sports top.... just not with the octonauts all over it! and it would just look odd on a kid! put this one down to experience I reckon

Would it work as a skirt - they are often that material?

Its probably all I could do with it :x

Return to DIY and share your projects!