Fab!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Fimo fun!

Postby clothmama » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:33 pm

They are excellent @labbiefan - I was looking at doing that and ended up upgrading all my hooks to Knit Pro Waves :love: Are they heavy - one of the sites I was looking at said that that can be an issue with doing that? I'd still like to give my ones like that a handle and they are soo pretty! The other idea I have seen which I thought would be nice is a felted handle but that is a craft I've not tried yet!

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:45 am

@clothmama I don't find them too heavy.
I bought some from a lovely wahm- hers and beautiful (£14 for 3) but fancied Having a go myself!
I'm currently trying to master making fimo buttons.
I do find that the clay is quite stiff so takes a bit of working.
You can add glitter to the mix or slices of fimo moulds/ like flowers or butterfly's x

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:58 am

Oh I'd love to see how you are getting on with buttons. I keep not liking the buttons I find and have decided I need to make my own! Just haven't got around to buying any Fimo yet!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 am

Love these.
I've just bought a whole set of rainbow owl fimo hooks from Fleabubs and lala. I loooove them. I tried to make my own but they weren't as comfy.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:36 am

clothmama wrote:Oh I'd love to see how you are getting on with buttons. I keep not liking the buttons I find and have decided I need to make my own! Just haven't got around to buying any Fimo yet!

I went on that polymer clay button making course last year and they recommended Premo Sculpey rather than Fimo as Fimo changes colour when cooked.

Its great fun. When I get my evenings back I ll be making some more :D

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

A badge for my sons friends 3rd birthday to go with card and pressie. I'd be happy if we got given one!Image

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:49 am

Going to have a go at making a shabby chic style hanger tonight for dd's bedroom- I'll post a picture if it turns out well :)

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!