Overlocker help!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Overlocker help!

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 am

This is not going to plan at all! I had 5 cm of nice then it went pearshaped @gilbertandmartha @Allie or anyone else, any ideas?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Overlocker help!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:20 am

Yikes! looks like your tension is all wrong. Take a picture of your tension reels. and possibly you've threaded it wrong

@clothmama

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:21 am

and take a picture of the nice bit so I can see that too (not that I'm any expert!) @clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:28 am

I meant the bit on the right - is that not how it is supposed to look????? :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:31 am

clothmama wrote:I meant the bit on the right - is that not how it is supposed to look????? :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

:giggle: :giggle: I thought it was all cream crackered! even that side doesn't look even! what are your tension dials on?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:39 am

They are kind of all central bar one which is lower, I'm going to unthread it all and start again to get my head around it and then start from scratch and see what happens. Something is not right as it goes to having 6 threads coming out from below after it goes really pear shaped!!!

I'm determined to get this right, I have so much to make with an overlocker I just hope this one I have is actually OK I have decided it I can't get it to work I'll sell it on and get another one. I spent years not sewing in France due to being frustrated by the machines I had wherenow I love ti as I have a machine I love!

How long til you go to bed Amanda?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 am

clothmama wrote:They are kind of all central bar one which is lower, I'm going to unthread it all and start again to get my head around it and then start from scratch and see what happens. Something is not right as it goes to having 6 threads coming out from below after it goes really pear shaped!!!

I'm determined to get this right, I have so much to make with an overlocker I just hope this one I have is actually OK I have decided it I can't get it to work I'll sell it on and get another one. I spent years not sewing in France due to being frustrated by the machines I had wherenow I love ti as I have a machine I love!

How long til you go to bed Amanda?

Another couple of hours till bedtime for me!

having them all central should be ok. Check the stitch finger too make sure that;s in properly.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:59 am

What is the stitch finger :oops: ?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 am

clothmama wrote:What is the stitch finger :oops: ?

LOL! its a bit that you can take out that kind of lifts the threads, if you look at all the machinery parts below the needle you should see a bit that looks like a bent finger.

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!