Overlocker help!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Overlocker help!

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:34 am

I really really really want to overlock, I want an overlocker that will do what it is supposed to do and I really really really hate the one that I have :x :x :gaah: :wtf: :wtf: :furious: :nono: :badputer: :miss_andry: :rant: :fight: :zombiearr:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:28 am

clothmama wrote:I really really really want to overlock, I want an overlocker that will do what it is supposed to do and I really really really hate the one that I have :x :x :gaah: :wtf: :wtf: :furious: :nono: :badputer: :miss_andry: :rant: :fight: :zombiearr:

ebay it, and then buy a cheapo like mine :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:54 am

OK so before throwing it out the window we discovered that it is missing a piece of the foot:

See the long bit to the left? That has been snapped off and I think that it kind of holds the threads in place so they are getting tangled we think and causing it to make me look like this :x :x :doh: :loopy: The only place we can find the part is in the States so I'm ordering it today and we'll see if it works when it comes if not I think I'll ebay it and get something a little more modern and hopefully less temperamental!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 am

clothmama wrote:OK so before throwing it out the window we discovered that it is missing a piece of the foot:

See the long bit to the left? That has been snapped off and I think that it kind of holds the threads in place so they are getting tangled we think and causing it to make me look like this :x :x :doh: :loopy: The only place we can find the part is in the States so I'm ordering it today and we'll see if it works when it comes if not I think I'll ebay it and get something a little more modern and hopefully less temperamental!

Sounds promising, if they won't send it to Oz, send it to me and I can ship it on to you.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:24 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:Sounds promising, if they won't send it to Oz, send it to me and I can ship it on to you.

Ta but they will ship, I just can't get the paypal thing to work - it is only coming up with the order amount less the postage :doh: :doh: I guess I can just order then they will send me an invoice for the rest, it is them paying the fees!

What state is TN? And what day / time is it over there if I need to call them?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:53 am

Tennasee and its sunday night only 10pm.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:15 am

Wow that is sooooo far behind us! We are up to Monday 1.15pm!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:29 am

Phew worked it out - part ordered!

In progress after 2 days of nothing is the Jamie jumper I'm doing! I have just got to the edging and it is too small - it is a free pattern she gave out a while ago for 0-3 months and it is 3 inches short, I'm thinking it may be the measurements for the NB size! I think I'm going to buy the layette set so will see then!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:36 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:having them all central should be ok. Check the stitch finger too make sure that;s in properly.

OMG I have been battling and battling and read what you said but then didn't really know a/ what you meant or b/ how mine was supposed to be. After nearly throwing it out I have reread the manual, put it away for a few days, re-read what you said and just had a look at the 'finger' and managed to get it in a position it has never been :shock: :shock: wish me luck @gilbertandmartha I think I may have found the problem (and wish I'd asked you more about your comment earlier!)

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!