hf1

Nappy making

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Nappy making

Postby InkMinx » Sun May 11, 2014 8:01 pm

I recently got a sewing machine for my birthday and have been making some bits and pieces. I was thinking of having a go at nappy making and have found some good looking templates to use.

However when looking for fabric on ebay I was rather shocked to fin how expensive bamboo terry is! a lot of sellers selling to for £6 for a FQ!!!!

For anyone who has made nappies can you tell me how much fabric you use to make a nappy, and how many layers you use for the nappy and also for any fold out booster.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy making

Postby littlesez » Sun May 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Depends on the size of nappy :) what kind of Nappy? I prefer bamboo fleece over bamboo terry x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun May 11, 2014 9:05 pm

I like to use BV or minkee outer, 1 layer of heavy bamboo fleece then BV inner, for boosters BV or minkee top then bamboo fleece 2 layers

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am

Ah at least the bamboo velour is a bit cheaper. Where do you get your fabric from and how much do you need for one nappy roughly?

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon May 12, 2014 11:00 am

Luscious creations check your pattern how mu h depends on size and type x

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 am

I was planning on using the template here http://prefold2fitted.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... plate.html

I want to use poppers and I do birth to potty sizes and the wrap template also looks good, however they are lacking instructions!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 am

I used to buy my fabric from Lush Tush. I also used a rocket bottom pattern.

My avatar
madebytoya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby madebytoya » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:38 am

I have a few small pieces of materials left over from making my own nappies - and am looking for a home for them where to would be used. As you mentioned they're pretty expensive so I hate seeing unused bits sitting in the cupboard. I have two/three pieces of precut pul for the pattern I used which is free to download and could be used for wraps or AO1/pockets, about an FQ of uncut PUL (it has flowers on it), some suedecloth and about half a metre of good quality microfibre - would you be interested?

My avatar
madebytoya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby madebytoya » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:45 am

Here are the details of the pattern and materials I used for making mine.
http://madebytoya.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/diy-reusable-nappies/

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!