hf1

Where do you store your fabric stash?

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Where do you store your fabric stash?

Postby shinycat » Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 pm

I got a sewing machine for Xmas and am finally starting to get a little bit of time to start thinking about using it! I have started collecting some old clothes, duvet covers etc and really annoying DH by keeping it in a big pile on the floor in the bedroom. Was wondering where everyone stores their stash? I'd love to have a big old-fashioned trunk to keep it all in but a) haven't got one and b) wouldn't go with any of our other furniture :roll:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Where do you store your fabric stash?

Postby confusinglady » Mon May 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Mine is under our bed, in an under bed storage thingy. I keep lot of clothes with holes and duvet covers too so my store is over flowing :oops:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon May 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Mine is in various plastic boxes stacked up in the dining room.

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Bernadette » Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 am

I used to store in big plastic containers, but am now lucky enough to have a sewing room with one of those Ikea square box shelf thingy.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 am

I have a storage cupboard that is dedicated to craft bits including my fabric stash. Actually it is 1/2 a unit thing, J has the other half which is mainly full of computer parts and various glues so far as I can tell :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm

I love the idea of a dedicated sewing room! Unfortunately we downsized last year and no longer have a spare room. Even DH has his computer set up in our bedroom for when he works at home. Maybe one day we'll get a loft conversion..... I may have to comandeer the space on the top of the kids wardrobes!

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Thu May 15, 2014 8:08 am

I bought myself a sewing table for the grand sum of £15 from gumtree, I actually used to use it to store all my crochet stuff as I didn't sew, but now I have a machine I beep all my fabric and bits in.
As you can see it was in a sorry state when I bought it. I sanded it, replaced the castors, relined it, used my pyrography git to burn in old school type image into it and then re-stained it.

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Thu May 15, 2014 10:15 am

That's lovely! Bet you were pleased with that. My Mum has a sewing cabinet she bought about 20 years ago which has a lift in it so you actually store the machine in there and pull a lever and it appears through a hole in the top! It's quite fancy, I think it must have cost a lot. Maybe one day we'll get our conservatory done to make it a usable room and I can have something similar in there, but that's a bit of a pipe-dream at the moment!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 am

Gorgeous @InkMinx !!

@Bernadette we need pics of your newly sorted into colours shelves!!

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!