Todays fabric spree!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Todays fabric spree!

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:03 am

I had to pop into the fabric shop :giggle: as I wanted to get some fabric for the front of my minki blanket, I'd been waiting in part for the small pram blanket to see what colour pram I ended up with so now I have that I could go ahead!

This one is for the front of the 2 small blankets (probably one pram size and one a little bigger):

This will be a simple patchwork for the front of the big blanket, I'm hoping it will look really fresh and bright :widesmile: :

They had flannel on special offer for only $3.99 / metre so I got these 2 cute ones, I'd had my eye on the animal one and was just waiting for it to be on sale (figured ti would before the end of winter!). I thought the dark grey would be really cute as sheets / wrap for in the black pram:

Finally I had a $10 off voucher if I spent $50 and I was only up to $42 so went and found this stunning knit fabric which I hadnt' seen before - I really love it and may go and get more (it will no doubt be on sale at some point so I'll stock up then!), so basically got it for free! It is called Scary Bear :giggle: :

Will make such cute Jamie Jumpers :love: and other bits from the Fishsticks layette :widesmile: .

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Todays fabric spree!

Postby Bernadette » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am

@clothmama they all look lovely. I have the grey flannel and the knit. Am heading to Spotlight/Textile Traders tomorrow for the sale as I need to go to the motorcycle shop and hand in an exhaust. Hubby is selling his current bike for a new one.

Looking forward to seeing your creations! :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:55 am

@Bernadette you know about buying the 99c magazine to use the $10 voucher on the back don't you? Make sure you show us what you get! They had a few good sales on in mine, so lovely poplins that would be great for your cute dresses! I'm so pleased with my haul, the knit is soooooooooooooo cute! What are you making with the grey and the knit or have you not decided?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm

tory thats a beautiful haul! ive the ones for the patchwork blanket!
can't wait to see the finished items!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 am

docmaggoo wrote:tory thats a beautiful haul! ive the ones for the patchwork blanket!
can't wait to see the finished items!

Thanks Jen @docmaggoo - what are you doing with them?

@Bernadette what did you get today?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Gorgeous fabrics! Love the scary bear :giggle:

Return to DIY and share your projects!