hf1

Could i make a business out of this?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Could i make a business out of this?

Postby LynniferT » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Ok, so i have really got into my crafting since learning to knit and love felt. I have done our school summer fete and made about £80 and recently decided to spend £60 on a table for 2 days at a xmas fayre near us beginning of december. :eek:

These are some of the items i have made over the last couple of months.

Image Image

There are tons more things i've made (they are taking over house :lookround: ) but i do like making hairclips and bunting and i've also made a few felted bags and cushions.

Crafting is taking over my life... So just wondering if i could make any money out of it as its getting really expensive to try new things :giggle:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Re: Could i make a business out of this?

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Ooh, those are pretty. Certainty something I'd consider buying if I needed them.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:51 pm

There are all gorgeous so no doubt the products are good enough. Everyone is doing nowadays so it's very competitive ! You could try Facebook as its very easy but the competition is fierce, same with etsy and such. Wahm wonders on here is a great place to start and then you can direct people to your wonders page from elsewhere.

And can you make felt fruit ? If so how much xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Those are great, you could definitely make a little business.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:41 pm

I think they look lovely and definitely sales worthy! I think local markets are a great way to sell, I hope your Christmas markets go well, let us know!

Lovely to see you @LynniferT I hope you are well :wave: :widesmile:

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:16 am

Your creations are beautiful. We'd certainly be very proud to exhibit them here :)

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:20 am

They are gorgeous, especially love the hair clip holder (would like to buy one please for my dd, please let me know how!)

I agree it's incredibly competitive but with the right marketing it would be a lovely business to try and what better time of year to try it that Christmas. Get into as many Christmas market/fairs as you can and then ask the other traders where else they sell.

Please do let me know about the clip holder as I am fed up with finding clips everywhere in my house other than when I need one!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:21 am

Sounds like you'll definitely drum up interest listing in wahm wonders :giggle:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:10 am

Thank you everyone, its nice to know others think i could sell my crafty bits, i think its different from family and friends telling you your stuff is good as i think they feel like they dont want to hurt my feelings :giggle:

I'm hoping the xmas market will go well....all the children are at school now and because I'm working in the evenings i do have during school time to craft which is lovely as i can spread out and not get interrupted every 5 minutes for juice, refereeing arguments etc.

I have created a facebook page as the xmas market needed a website to register but i havent invited anyone to like it yet :lookround: ....once I'm all stocked up for the market i will have to have a look at the WAHM wonders.

littlesez wrote:And can you make felt fruit ? If so how much xx

@littlesez Its not something i've tried yet, but since i have an awful lot of scrap felt i could always have a go :)

clothsister wrote:They are gorgeous, especially love the hair clip holder (would like to buy one please for my dd, please let me know how!)

@clothsister I will be making a bundle of hairclip holders (once my ribbon arrives) for the xmas market, i can let you know once they are done :)

Now i'd better get off my bum and do some work :wink:

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!