The wreath project!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

The wreath project!

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:55 pm

I've been wanting to make a wreath for such a long time and after some online searching I saw lots of tutorials for wreaths made with grapevine - and what do you know I just happen to have a couple of totally overgrown ones of those hanging around and each end of our barn :hohoho: :hohoho:

One of the tutorials I read said that if you actually make two wreaths, one slightly smaller than the other then join them you get a much better relief which will make it look better from the road / distance. Who am I to argue as I've never done it before and that is what I did! I made it a pretty decent size too as our front door is currently massive double barn doors. I then added a bunch of oak leaves with some acorns pods tied with some natural rope in the corner to add an autumnal theme to it. I'll then swap it over for a Christmas theme later in the year :happysanta: !

Absolutely thrilled with the results:

Some of the vines were quite young so they were quite light and there were even a few green bits you may notice - I quite like the look but think it will look good once it all dries as well :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Today's autumnal project!

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Oh and if I can find some stunning red / yellow / orange leaves I may well be adding to it :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 pm

My other ongoing autumn project is collecting all the autumn bounty in the garden. Today saw the biggest haul of walnuts after some heavy rain and wind on Saturday, not sure where on earth I can fit them all to lay out to dry! Hoping for some sun so they can go on the terrace!

Took me well over an hour to collect all these. As you can see they are from 3 different trees and quite different in size:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Looks lovely :D

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 am

Looks good! Looking forward to seeing it each time you change it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:42 am

autumnalgirl wrote:Looks good! Looking forward to seeing it each time you change it!

I've added some more colourful leaves @autumnalgirl - I'll get a picture later (when it is light :roll: :giggle: )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:09 am

I totally forgot to update this thread! I did end up adding some lovely red and orange and yellow leaves to the autumn one but forgot to get a picture :doh:

My next incarnation was a halloweeny autumnal pumpkin one. Sadly the light wasn't great so you can't see how vibrant the colours are and I forgot to get another lot in better light!
Image Image Image

We are now onto our Christmas wreath :happysanta: :happysanta: I went for a very simple look with the star we had on our wreath in Australia last Christmas:

Image :happysanta: :happysanta:

I'm thinking I can't go straight to a spring wreath so will need to think of a winter theme one when this one comes down!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: The wreath project!

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:55 am

I didn't spot this when you initially put it up in October, but I love how you are changing it for the season.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: The wreath project!

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Just done my autumn one - wish I'd done it a while ago but only just found the orange ribbon stuff! I went with your point about not doing my Christmas one quite yet @Aeseldyr :giggle:

I like it better than last years pumpkin one- I did that one in a big rush and the decorative pumpkins didn't hang quite right! It will only be up for 2 weeks then I'll do the Christmas one but I'm glad I did it :widesmile:

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!