hf1

My latest project!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

My latest project!

Postby emmavmorgan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:14 am

I don't usually post pictures of my work and projects but this latest one is a biggy and we are very proud of them :giggle: In the summer we were asked to submit a proposal for designing a life sized donkey sculpture we found out in September that we where one of the 21 selected artists we where all ready to collect our donkey from the fibreglass factory in early October when we got a urgent phone call saying that one of the other artists had dropped out and could we possibly take on a second donkey :shock: :shock: of course we said yes then had a day of major panic to work out what the heck we where going to do with it :hohoho: we came up with the concept of working with our local primary school and creating a children's donkey we submitted our plans and the organisation team gave us the go ahead.
So we currently have 2 life sized Maltese Peace donkeys that we are working on. the donkeys are called All aboard and The Happy Donkey. The over all concept of the exhibition which will be staged at Mdina Cathedral is opening up dialogue about Mediteranean and Middle East relations and with the current crisis going on at the moment with the refuge situation it's a huge topic here.

This is All Aboard
Image Image Image Image

And this is The Happy Donkey

We are deliver and install both of them a week on Tuesday and opening night is on 13th November so we are on the last manic push next week :) The Happy Donkey has a lot of work to do, it's an all inclusive project with the school and we are hoping all 400 of the kids will have left their mark on the donkey by the time we have finished. Kinders 1 and 2 and year 1 hand printed the donkey. Years 2, 3, and 4 designed a small boy and girl holding hands and years 5 and 6 wrote us words about peace and harmony. The lower schools part is finished and we have cut out all the children's people and words they just need to be stuck on :roll:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: My latest project!

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am

Wow they are amazing!!!! How great you were able to take both on and get the kids involved too! Please post updates when they are finished. Will there be a donkey unveiling or party or something?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: My latest project!

Postby sim » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:52 am

They look amazing!

Return to DIY and share your projects!