My new overlocker!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

My new overlocker!

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:41 pm

You may have seen me post the other day that I got my Christmas present early :happysanta: :happysanta: :loveit: :xmaspresents: ! I left my overlocker in Oz and really wanted one as I'll be starting to make a lot more things in the new year. 2nd hand ones are still pretty pricey so when I saw that Lidl had the Pfaff 1230 OL I looked at the reviews (which were pretty positive for the price) so I decided to give it a go!

I am getting far better results than I ever managed with the old Brother one I had in Oz although I still have some way to go to get my tension exactly right! I'll have a good play and set out some test strips after the Christmas holidays :happysanta: I'm very happy with it so far!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: My new overlocker!

Postby sim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Ooooh! Very nice!
I'm hoping to set up a sewing table in my teeny craft room in the new house so may be after and over locker! Look forward to seeing what you make Tory. :sewing:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:38 pm

Everything looks perfect on it except that it is slightly looping out from the edge of the material bu tI wonder if it just isn't going to be perfect because it is a cheap machine :-? Any hints @Allie @littlesez ?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:04 pm

@clothmama, it's a case of trial and error to get the tension right but even on an inexpensive machine you should be able to get a good stitch. I used the tips on the link below to sort mine out. Hope that helps.

https://sergerpepper.com/2014/04/best-s ... -tips.html

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Take a close up pic of stitches x

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies