Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:27 am

Second coat:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Chalk paint drawers!

Postby confusinglady » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:54 am

Hello just bobbing in as I m still away and signal rubbish so can't see pics. How's it looking now? I ve not used chalk paint but got the same Matt look with other paint. Gosh it was so long ago I can't remember what it was. It needs redoing tbh as was about 10 years ago and the dresser is chipped now.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:23 am

Oh @clothmama I don't think it looks bad but well if you wanted something more creamy I can understand.

http://www.woontrendz.nl/3x-krijtverf/
Here's a site with lots of pics of chakpaint walls etc.

I've been looking for reviews of the paint....found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP21L6QoBwI
And someone using it on the wall and loving it.....
Not sure what you've found in dutch?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:50 am

MissFrodo wrote:I've been looking for reviews of the paint....found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP21L6QoBwI

OMG what an enormous difference - look at 5min 36 seconds that is how I thought it would look compared to the Action one :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks for that @MissFrodo

And the walls do look nice!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 am

I was :shock: :shock: when I watched it, such a big difference, I don't think I'm gonna use the Action ones I have at home.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 am

MissFrodo wrote:I was :shock: :shock: when I watched it, such a big difference, I don't think I'm gonna use the Action ones I have at home.

I'm super pleased I didn't buy a 2nd tin the other day (only didn't as they were out of grey!) @MissFrodo . The girl on the French blog said she found it to have excellent adherence and used it as a base coat with dearer paint on top which meant she didn't need to sand the original varnish as the chalk paint doesn't need it! I think i'll be doing that that way it is not wasted!! I'll use up the tin on the other set of drawers and then make my own chalk paint (waaaay too expensive here - she had a round up of the brands available and they are €30-€60 a litre :shock: :shock: :shock: ) as I did have success in the past with it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 am

I almost feel like it is mislabeled - if it said 'Lime wash effect paint' you'd be thrilled with it!

So my plan is to give it a quick sand later then put a linen cloth to protect it until I get to paint it with some decent stuff!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 am

I think you must tell me your secret to make the chalkpaint ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:16 pm

OK so after a rest (didn't really sleep but was horizontal and read a bit!) I came back down to sand and even though I originally didn't want the distressed shabby chic look that is what that paint does so I have just gone with it and gently distressed the whole piece and you know what - it looks good :widesmile: - not what I had in my head but good none the less! Pics to follow if I manage to get the knobs back on :doh: :doh:

MissFrodo wrote:I think you must tell me your secret to make the chalkpaint ;)

I did lots of research and I think I went with the plaster of paris option. I can't remember TBH but when I do the next lot I'll report back what I decide / do / how it works @MissFrodo

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!