hf1

right!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

right!

Postby g murphy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I have taught myself how to :knit: a basic stitch so............................

I have decided that i am going to :knit: loads of squares in different colours and make a blanket for harry! ( ambitious i know but i want it to be big enough for him for when he goes in a big boy bed!)

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: right!

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:24 pm

:wine: That sounds fab!!!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 pm

sounds like a great idea :)

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Sounds great, looking forward to pics when it's finished :D

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Sounds cute! I wanted to crochet one for Dawn but I couldn't crochet :( lol Keep us updated with pics! :)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Lovely! :D Have you joined Ravelry? Its a great site (you'll soon be addicted to knitting :twisted: ) and you could search for different kinds of blanket squares to knit, both for variation on the lovely handmade blanket, so you can learn and practise different stitches, and also so you dont get bored knitting a huge blanket.

My first "cot blanket" turned out to be barely big enough for the pram, as I only got to 16 squares before I gave up with boredom!

What kind of yarn are you using? I have some acrylic yarn in lots of colours I was planning to list FFP postage if i thought anyone wanted it.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:49 am

gayleygoo wrote:I have some acrylic yarn in lots of colours I was planning to list FFP postage if i thought anyone wanted it.

I might be interested in some :)

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 am

Love that idea :mrgreen: Might do something similar with all the scraps of wool left from all my :knit: projects.

My avatar
Diner
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Diner » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:23 am

Well done for teaching yourself! Be careful, knitting is very addictive and Ravelry is even more so...I have about ten projects on there I am waiting to start!!! Can't wait to see pics when you have finished

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!