My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Snap press?

Postby clairelana » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 pm

What kind of snap press do you use?
Where did you get them from?

I've been looking at a few but shipping from US is more than the actuall press!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Snap press?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:06 pm

i got mine on ebay, was about a fiver posted, but that is with plastic snaps. the actual thing is metal though. have u looked on there for one? i mainly use mine for fixing snaps atm as a few nappies have come with seemingly not working snaps. but ti does the job, i redid some snaps on my son's quilt with it too and they're still on there :D

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 am

There are a few co-ops on Yahoo groups that ship directly from China, and they also do hand held snap presses if you do not intend to use a proper big metal one :wink:

wholesaleclothdiaperfabricsnotions and notionsupply are the ones I have used in the past. I believe that both are closed or at least not shipping at the moment due to a chinese holiday.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:36 am

:D
Thanx.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:09 am

mine was £30 with 450 snaps and free shipping. from one of the ladies that runs a yahoo group. search ebay for snap pliers and the seller is alana with numbers at the end lol. shes lovely!

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 am

IT really depends what you want to use it for, I have a snap press and snap pliers, and personally I wouldn't behappy using the pliers on nappies to sell, the snaps aren't as neat or sturdy!

I got both my pliers and press from the yahoo groups mentioned, press was £70 inc postage, pliers were £20 I think

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:36 am

flutterby wrote:IT really depends what you want to use it for, I have a snap press and snap pliers, and personally I wouldn't behappy using the pliers on nappies to sell, the snaps aren't as neat or sturdy!

I got both my pliers and press from the yahoo groups mentioned, press was £70 inc postage, pliers were £20 I think

I'm wanting to buy a press not pliers.
Can I ask where you got your press from Hanna?

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Return to DIY and share your projects!