My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Cheapest pace to buy knitpro?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 pm

eviesmummy wrote:
0_Lisa_0 wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:Looks like a great price - can I hijack and ask Lisa, are the wooden tips very sharp? I have the metal Knit Pro and find the ends almost too pointy, especially when compared with the Addis - Im getting serious sore fingertips :-?

And Mareth :giggle: Ive asked dh for hard cash so I can buy my own Christmas Present this year, and was thinking needles, hooks and some wool for me - like I need more wool :-? :roll: :giggle:

I don't think they are particularly sharp but I have never used the Addi's and I have built up a callus where the needle hits the same place over and again :giggle: but I think that would have happened anyway, they are lovely and smooth

A callus would be good - Im just poking holes and have cracked holey fingertips - not a good look and ouchy oh so painful

I had that for a while, I get it if I stop for a couple of days too. try to keep going if you can or give it a couple of days rest so the new skin starts to come in then carry on, helps to do that I found :hug: for the mean time

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:45 pm

Just to add that compared to my addis I find my knit picks wooden circs to be too sharp... One of these days I'll take some sandpaper to them :roll:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 pm

alwaysagirly wrote:here as far as I can tell price includes postage

they are also on ebay here

they also do the addi click set

Postage is only included in the UK, it'd have to be added on for me, and would probably be expensive :(

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 pm

you might be better getting two starteer sets then you'll have two lots of cables - might work out cheaper too
http://www.p2tog.com/ourshop/cat_103883 ... -Sets.html

even if you want a couple of extra tips, extra cables are handy

this is useful too http://www.p2tog.com/ourshop/prod_41860 ... Sizer.html

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Hmmmm, this is knit just emailed me, they're expecting the sets in next week and they'll only be €55. I think I might go with that, that's a decent enough price I think, to keep the business local.

Yay, they emailed me again, their shipment arrived early, it came just now so they have a set put aside for me. I'm going to go in tomorrow and get them I think :wine: . But how on earth will I manage to not use them for 3 weeks? :shock: :x

My avatar
alwaysagirly
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby alwaysagirly » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:
alwaysagirly wrote:here as far as I can tell price includes postage

they are also on ebay here

they also do the addi click set

Postage is only included in the UK, it'd have to be added on for me, and would probably be expensive :(

Sorry I forgot :oops:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Well I went in and picked them up today. They're sooooo pretty, and don't seem that pointy really, only 'good pointy' iykwim LOL, I'm sick of my blunt as anything Ponys (what is the plural of Pony when it's a brand? Surely it can't be Ponies)

I really want to get them out and play, but I have to send them to Santa :cry: :cry:

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!