hf1

Ems' Sewing machine finds on ebay! p.1 updated: 23/8/2011

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ems' Sewing machine finds on ebay! p.1 updated: 10/08

Postby ems » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 pm

ehhehehehe the sales pitch works ;) Thats good to know !!!!! Heeehhee. I don't think you can go too wrong with bernina either ;)

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Ems' Sewing machine finds on ebay! p.1 updated: 13/09

Postby ems » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:06 pm

updated ;)

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Oh Ems, that Husq is GORGEOUS! *falls in love*

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 pm

it is a cutee isn't it!

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:00 am

Nooo Ems, don't tell everyone about the Artista, it's on my watch list! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Do you think that it would be good for embroidery? I want something that is good and not too complicated that I can use with designs I buy from the web :-?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Yup would be great for embroidery off the web! You may need to ask someone.. probably not the seller as she doesn't seem to know much about it, about the compatibility issues.. its not an old old machine, but it would be interesting to find out what version of the embroidery software it comes with. I have the artista 180, with an embroidery module.. I don't use the embroidery module on that machine as its a SERIAL cable :shock: hehe so I use the embroidery module on my aurora as its USB and the software is more up to date.. saying that if you get into embroidery there are plenty of other embroidery software options you can look at.

Anotherthing, I dont see any embroidery hoops in the pictures, these are expensive btw. The biggest one you can use on that machine is the mega hoop and is around the £100 mark ;) Another reason I went for my 180 was it came with 5 hoops, which to buy new would have cost me the same amount as the machine! You might like to ask if she can see any hoops around!

To give you an idea... my 180 with embroidery module was 300 quid trade price.. the 165 is a model below that.. so at 450 retail, is not actually a great price, but because it seems to come with so many extras .. ie there is a lot of marathon embroidery thread there..all her haberdashery stuff, the horn cabinet ( which does not have the air lift btw.. so it is the cheapest model), it's a reasonable price to pay for the machine at £450..

I wouldn't pay any more than that though. She did only buy it 4 years ago, but I am personally thinking she bought it from the dealership either as an ex demo or otherwise as all bernina dealers, when you buy in store will not give you a receipt from their own shop alone, it would have been on a paper pad from Bogod & Company Ltd. As you are infact buying it from Bogod , not actually the store you are visiting. The Bernina sales have been strictly controlled since they came to the UK many yrs ago ;)
All shops selling berninas have a partnership with Bogod. No machine sold has not originally been sold without going through them. So had it been a case of the women going into the shop to order a machine, or buy a new machine off the shelf at a bernina dealer, the order would have gone through Bogod.

As the artista 180 was made between 1998 and 2002 and the artista 200 was brought out in 2002, the 165 would have been somewhere inbetween those dates, so it's unlikely the machine was a brand new model when she bought it.

Sorry to get heavy about it! LOL

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

updated for overlockers

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:52 am

oh the other thing about the 165 artista, sorry it will probably only work with windows 95/98. Unless she has paid out the 3-500 quid for newer software ;)

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks for the advice Ems, I'll dig a little deeper if I can :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!