hf1

Yay I figured out my snap pliers!!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Yay I figured out my snap pliers!!

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:05 am

I've been cursing the snap pliers for weeks now, having ruined many snaps and having to re-stitch parts of CSP pads after Ive had to cut off a badly applied snap :x

I just realised that there were other pieces in the bag and that the size of punch thingy was wrong :oops: :oops: so have now replaced it and YAY I can finally snap things that work! A bit annoying that the snap size that came with it was different to the punch size already on it, but at least I figured it out before the pliers went out the window :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Yay I figured out my snap pliers!!

Postby Sally » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

:hohoho:
hubby does mine ive not tried yet :hohoho: he is very good tho!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 am

very annoying, glad you worked it out

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:19 pm

:wine:

(Also, I find that taking the rubber bit off the pliers, and then pressing down on the snap with the metal 'spike' sideways on the snap is a good way of getting the snaps off.
Hmmm, that doesn't make sense does it? :giggle: Once my camera comes, I'll take a pic to explain what I mean... )

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:44 pm

I did the same with mine when I first got them :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

dawnsmummy wrote::wine:

(Also, I find that taking the rubber bit off the pliers, and then pressing down on the snap with the metal 'spike' sideways on the snap is a good way of getting the snaps off.
Hmmm, that doesn't make sense does it? :giggle: Once my camera comes, I'll take a pic to explain what I mean... )

I use DH's drill to remove any that I've done wrong. :giggle:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Soupdragon wrote:
dawnsmummy wrote::wine:

I use DH's drill to remove any that I've done wrong. :giggle:

Oh lord, imagine the damage I could do to something with a drill when I can ruin it enough with a pair of scissors :giggle:

I'll remember that for future reference though, I just spent most of an afternoon replacing a bad snap on a dress I made for Molly, and made a dogs ear out of it :roll: She likes the dress anyway, but I think I'll make another one!

Ive taken the rubber bit off the pliers anyway, as I find it easier to see what Im doing. Its how I discovered the "spike" was too big in the first place!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 pm

There's a link I need to find and send you - Stacey I *think* sent it to me when I got mine and thankgoodness she did or I'd have had the same problem!

Can't find it though :roll: :x

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 pm

i'll take note for when mine arrive!!!!!!!!!!!

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!