Postby peachy.moo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 am

Either of these any good or should i keep looking!! :giggle:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Husky Lock 75, Pfaff Hobby Lock?!?

Postby ems » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm

depends what condition they are in really!

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Brand new..... Equ of £239 for the Husky Lock, £264 for the other.....

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:17 am

Right so the S15 or the hobby 2. Both are completely different to stitch with, as the needle to knife setup is completely different on both, so it would depend what you were wanting to do with them . You really need to play with both to see if its something you prefer, peoples choice of tool is a personal thing I find. If I was buying without seeing..

Or.. something second hand.. as the machines at the hobby end of each make.. lose their money very fast, something hardly used and second hand will be a bargain, you prob lose 40-50% when you take it out of the box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brother-Overlocke ... 500wt_1154

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Overlocker-Model- ... 584wt_1139
Last edited by ems on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:28 am

Playing isn't an option as they are in Waterford- no where close does them.....

It's for doing clothing....

Still have to try & get hold of the guy to see if they stock any other ones in a slightly higher price that might be better- the only other the lady said was a coverstitch for €820 which is a bit too much for me!! :giggle:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am

OUCH! When you start looking for a coverstitch.. I highly recommend the cheapest of them all actually!!! A Janome Coverpro ;) Don't bother getting an all in one machine, ie where the coverstitch machines is within the overlocker, although they say they are easy to change over.. they are a pain in the *kjdkjkfjkd*. its not just switching stitch plates, having to keep re setting up the machine is honestly just not worth the hell.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:44 am

Wll finally got hold of the fella & the Husky Lock isn't meant to be on at €299- so am tempted (should be more...) & free delivery.....

He even said himself buying the Janome Coverstitch straight from Janome is best as it comes in at €459.....

The PFaff is free delivery too & is the S15.... It's same price as the other should be (€330), is it much better?!?

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:01 am

mmm I dont know of a husky 75 .. and also the husq 901 was discontinued in 2008 and the S15 replaced it. The husqy range now goes. 901/S15, 905, 910, 936. S15 is £269 RRP the Pfaff hobbylock 2 is £265 RRP. If he has a 901 from the shop.. ex demo or something that might be a bargain, if he still has one.
Really the rule is, spend what you can afford to spend on it. if you can afford the next model up, go for it. If its not going to pay for its self don't bother ;)

looking at parts for those machines, pfaff is cheaper btw.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 am

Was meant to be the Husky S15 - woman had said wrong thing!!

It is the Pfaff HobbyLock 2.0 - although he said internally both are the same?!? So parts for one actually work for the other?!?

Doesn't have any reconditioned etc- am finding Ireland very hard to get machines in!! :giggle:

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!