hf1

Hooks

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Hooks

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:43 am

pinback wrote:aahhh ok... this will be for trade quantities?
You can scrap the ebay plan then. :hohoho:

Is it http://www.alibaba.com you are thinking about?

oops... cross posted as I went to look...

Thanks I have tried there, will look again in case I missed it.

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

I've never used them, but have you heard of http://www.alibaba.com? They are a site that claims to bring "suppliers and buyers together" type thing, and they seem to sell most of their things in bulk. I think most of the suppliers are over in China. Perhaps worth a look around??
HTH xx

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

:oops: I crossed posts too!! :wink:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:04 am

Not sure about the wallhangpart, they don't mention it and they come with wooden plate.

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:16 am

This lot sell the complete ones and seem to be dealing direct with the factory in China/Hong Kong (assuming you're ok with sourcing there), so might be happy to act as a go between, since they'll still get their cut? Might be worth asking, since it would be really easy for the factory that makes the complete one to supply just the hook, if they also make them themselves.

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 am

I think that Alibaba one is the one I saw on TV. Bummer

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:51 am

I just never expected it to be this hard to source hooks :-? WE have loads of plaques ready to go just need the hooks aargghh

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 pm

Sorry to be the doom and gloom of internet shopping, but why not go down to the metal workers/trade suppliers and buy yourself some 2mm/3mm week steel/alu bar and make up a jig to bend them? You only need some pretty plastic/wooden beads to glue on to the ends. I'm sure I've seen something like that on in the picture in some supply catalogue somewhere though, I'll have a looksy!

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 pm

ems wrote:Sorry to be the doom and gloom of internet shopping, but why not go down to the metal workers/trade suppliers and buy yourself some 2mm/3mm week steel/alu bar and make up a jig to bend them? You only need some pretty plastic/wooden beads to glue on to the ends. I'm sure I've seen something like that on in the picture in some supply catalogue somewhere though, I'll have a looksy!

Thanks Em. I have found some wooden balls for the end. Let me know what you find :D

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!