hf1

Love a good bargain

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Love a good bargain

Postby mabo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 am

I finally decided to treat myself to a rotary cutter and mat and Spotlight (Hobbycraft equivalent) here had 20% off plus $40 off when you spend more than $100 so I got an A2 Olfa mat and 45mm Olfa cutter, plus an extra blade and metal ruler for $71 :wine: which due to the exchange rate is about £42 :( , but to me that is a pretty decent deal as getting things shipped here is ridiculously expensive sometimes :roll:

Still - cant wait to try it out when the kiddlywinks are in bed :wine:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Love a good bargain

Postby Rae » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:36 am

:wine: nice buy.
Watch your fingers, those blades are sharp.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:37 am

that is fab

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:46 am

:wine: Yay to bargains! I need a new blade for my rotary cutter, so might take a trip to Spotlight this weekend. :)

(The first time we lived here the exchange rate was about $2.5 to £1, now it's closer to $1.7 to £1. So I split the difference and say there's about $2 to £1. Makes conversions easier. :giggle: Mind, I usually try not to convert back to £ and instead think in terms of my hourly rate of pay and how many minutes/hours I'd have to work to pay for something.)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:13 am

Enjoy your bargain :wine: :wine:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:06 am

Mr CM got very upset when I paid $13.50 for a new blade - turns out on ebay you can get a 5 pack for the same price - so be careful!!

Good bargain Marijke! I want a board but just can't afford one - I'm taking ems advice and using a chopping board :wink:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:24 am

:wine: What a bargain! The mats on their own here are quite expensive if you want a decent make :-? I want I want I want! Oh well, one for the Christmas wish list me thinks!

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 pm

clothmama wrote:Mr CM got very upset when I paid $13.50 for a new blade - turns out on ebay you can get a 5 pack for the same price - so be careful!!

I know Tory - I've been browsing on Ebay for months, but most places just sell one or the other so when you have to pay twice for shipping it ends up more expensive - plus I wasn't keen on getting a large mat shipped as they might roll them up instead of packing them flat.

When DH came home he said: 'I see you've been shopping again' and rolled his eyes :giggle:

Return to DIY and share your projects!