hf1

Embroidery Machines?

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Embroidery Machines?

Postby greenferret » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 am

So I'm thinking I may like to get a machine for embroidery, but I'm totally clueless as to where to start/what to get :oops: . Is it better to get a dedicated machine or should I get a sewing/embroidery? (I have a sewing machine and overlocker, but you can never have too many, right! :giggle: :wink: )

I'm looking for something that is easy to use, not ridiculously expensive :lol: and will allow me to use designs I buy from the web, nothing too big but with a professional finish. Any help/advice appreciated :D

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Embroidery Machines?

Postby ems » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:46 pm

personally? I would go for a machine like the 165.. as its a spare sewing machine, and then an embroidery machine when you want it to be as such ;) I think unless you end up going for a more semi commercial type one with 12 threads etc, the machines with connecting modules are just a better option ;)
If you dont have a machine that runs win 95/98, you can always pick up a cheapo laptop for 20-30 quid off ebay to run it from.. that way its got its own lappy .. its always ready to be connected etc ;)

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:56 pm

I've got a brother and it's only an embroidery machine - that does a lovely job. I didn't buy a combined model as I already have a good sewing machine. Lots of them now have usb ports check it does and you're laughing. Mine doesn't and now son's broken my laptop it's a pain dragging it up to my home pc all the time :| to get the files.

It's a massive jump from domestic type machine with one spool to the multi-spool machines and by that I mean you're probably talking a couple of thousand difference.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I've got a Singer Sewing Embroidery machine, and absolutely love it :D Connects to my laptop and have the freedom of the net to find designs.

My avatar
thenappywrapstore
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby thenappywrapstore » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 am

i have a janome 350e it doesnt have a usb port but you have to use a compact flash card , with an adapter for the machine itself. i just download the files onto the card then pop it into the machine.

Return to DIY and share your projects!