hf1

Ribbon

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Ribbon

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Anyone got any recommendations to where to order ribbon from? Im going to do a fleece blanket for bump and just want some nice ribbon to edge it with.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Ribbon

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I get mine from Hobbycraft or The Range. What are you after?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Ive got some of the gorgeous pink sheep fleece fabric (which i actually love and want to wrap myself in lol!) so i just need some pink ribbon to do the edges in so i have a blanket for the crib :)

Its so annoying not having any shops here! Well we do have a wee haberdashery but she charges as much for a meter as you could buy a while bloomin role of ribbon elsewhere!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I tend to order ribbon from eBay

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Cheers mdear i hadnt even thought of ebay....*scuttles off to look*

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Cheers mdear i hadnt even thought of ebay....*scuttles off to look*

:giggle: Ebay is your oyster! If there's something particular you want ie colour/width/type I can look for you :wink:

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

What width would you say i would need for the edges of a small crib / pram sized blanket? :-?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:35 pm

HighlandMum wrote:What width would you say i would need for the edges of a small crib / pram sized blanket? :-?

Hmmm, maybe an inch? That would give you just over a cm at each side, any less might be a bit too narrow for you to sew.

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Frances wrote:
HighlandMum wrote:What width would you say i would need for the edges of a small crib / pram sized blanket? :-?

Hmmm, maybe an inch? That would give you just over a cm at each side, any less might be a bit too narrow for you to sew.

Yeah, that or two inches if you want to fold the edges underneath on each side so it looks neater. Wouldn't say any more though.

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!