KAM Snap Presses. It is here - pg. 3

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

KAM Snap Presses. It is here - pg. 3

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:46 am

I keep dithering over if I want one or not (well I know I do but whether to get one or not). Anyway they seem to be cheaper than ever here (and they seem a lot cheaper than in Europe tbh) and I've decided I'll regret it if I dont' get one so I'm going to go for it, better now while I'm working this semester etc than while renovating and watching the pennies!

Anyway for those that have them I have a couple of questions. There is a allen key die set or screw die set option - they recommend the screw one and I've heard good things but want to check before deciding?? Bonus I can see is that I dont' need to find an Allen key (I'm lucky to find my head most days :panic: :giggle: :giggle: ) and also the screw one is a nice green while the other is brown :puke: but I now I mustn't make a decision on that :oops: So which do you think is better?

Second question is are the size 16 or 20 snaps more useful?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: KAM Snap Presses

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:47 am

I have a screw one, and have no problems with it :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

how much do they work out at over there does anyone know?

Thanks Hanna - what size do you use - 20?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Mine cost around £70 from China, I have size 16 and size 20 but use 20s for nearly everything, apart from CSP and tiny clothes :D

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Wow so it really really is better for me to get one here, I've just worked out the cost with the press, the die set (I figure I'll go with the 20 and worry later if I need the other), and 3 full sets of 100 snaps and postal delivery that will only be $72 (45 quid). An extra $10 for courier delivery which is then guaranteed.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Thu May 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Did you end up getting the press? I am considering buying a press and getting it sent to my sister (in Lismore) and I was wondering where you were getting it from for delivery to Aus.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 am

Rae wrote:Did you end up getting the press? I am considering buying a press and getting it sent to my sister (in Lismore) and I was wondering where you were getting it from for delivery to Aus.

Sorry Rae - I never saw this!! Looking at the date it was when I was out on clinical last semester and mega busy!

So I'm going to order one but still dithering over the sizes and model! Do I get the 20? Do I get the screw in or the other? :panic: I wish I wasn't so indecisive!!

Which one do you guys have?
The DK98 is the more industrial one and the DK93 is a bit lighter etc

DK98's weigh 9.3kg - DK93's weigh 5.01kg

Dk-98's are a lot larger and more solid - DK-93's are smaller and more flexible to use.

DK-98 - Allan keys to change die sets - DK-93's - Screw in Die Sets.

There was a post I found about it from one of the guys that sell them over here and he said both him and his wife prefer the 93 as it is just a bit easier and even though the other is a bit more 'sturdy' he made the point of how often would you actually break a snap press :giggle: :giggle:. Another comment I had seen going the other way is that the smooth shank of the 98 may have more options to plug in (but realistically would I really need it - all I really need is my 1 or 2 sizes of snaps!).

This is the DK93
http://www.gbau.com.au/snap-presses-sna ... 3-193.html
and this the DK98
http://www.gbau.com.au/snap-presses-sna ... 3-198.html

It looks like the 98 can have a metal snap option as well - need to work out if that is possible with the 93 or not.
OMG I have just seen the price - they have come down even further with the strong Aussie dollar!! :shock: :shock:

Please can someone tell me which one to order?? :panic:

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: KAM Snap Presses. Questions added 5/8/11

Postby Rae » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:38 am

Hmmm might need to order one for my sister and if I ever make it to Aus I can take it from her. With the price difference between them maybe better to just go for the 98???????

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: KAM Snap Presses. Questions added 5/8/11

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

Rae wrote:With the price difference between them maybe better to just go for the 98???????

You may be right, the price difference is negligible. I guess that because it is heavier it is better quality (well they do say that it is the top quality one they make) but on the other hand they reckon that the 93 is good for home use. I'm just sooooo indecisive (hence why I never ordered back in March :oops: :giggle: ).

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!