hf1

Ideas for a baby

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Ideas for a baby

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Our friend had a baby boy (8lb 5oz) Isaac Andrew last night :wine: I have loads of ooga booga jersey and would like to make her something, but have no idea what. I could really do with starting making it this evening.

Has anyone any ideas? I dont have a printer so cannot print any patterns out.

TIA x

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Ideas for a baby

Postby anothersquish » Fri May 13, 2011 6:57 pm

A blanket? A close 'woombie' type sleeppod/sack thing (sorry descriptive prowess=zero)?
Trousers (easy enough to do freehand with a bit of help from someone on here with a small baby and a tape measure LOL)
ummm I shall think more.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri May 13, 2011 7:01 pm

A romper? those ones that Ant made are lovely!! :)

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:11 pm

anothersquish wrote:A blanket? A close 'woombie' type sleeppod/sack thing (sorry descriptive prowess=zero)?
Trousers (easy enough to do freehand with a bit of help from someone on here with a small baby and a tape measure LOL)
ummm I shall think more.

Thanks. I was going to edit the post to say something easy :giggle: Blanket would be a great idea but I want to use this jersey.streth material I ahve. Sleepod thing is a good idea but not sure my material would be right for it. Trousers I may try. Do keep thinking though.

megansmummy wrote:A romper? those ones that Ant made are lovely!! :)

I could never make a romper, way pass my level of sewing :giggle:

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri May 13, 2011 7:12 pm

You can make a blanket with jersey, it will just be a lightweight one...unless you have some fleece you can back it with?

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:14 pm

anothersquish wrote:You can make a blanket with jersey, it will just be a lightweight one...unless you have some fleece you can back it with?

Oh can I, unfortunately I have no fleece. Would I just stitch and then turn inside out?

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri May 13, 2011 7:15 pm

I was thinking blanket as well :)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri May 13, 2011 7:17 pm

yeap, top stitch it too so the edges have some 'weight' to make it drape better, ideal for in the pram or to tuck around ;)

If you have a towel you dont mind sacrificing you could also make a burp cloth for over the shoulder, thats something else quick and easy.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 pm

anothersquish wrote:yeap, top stitch it too so the edges have some 'weight' to make it drape better, ideal for in the pram or to tuck around ;)

If you have a towel you dont mind sacrificing you could also make a burp cloth for over the shoulder, thats something else quick and easy.

Thanks. What use the towel as the middle?

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!