hf1

Does anyone else collect fabric and.

My avatar
clevercuttlefish
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Does anyone else collect fabric and.

Postby clevercuttlefish » Wed May 25, 2011 2:53 pm

... not use it? I've got a terrible habit of buying fabric and keeping it in a box. I do go through the box quite often and admire my fabric but I can't always bring myself to use it :giggle: I might spoil it :oops:

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Does anyone else collect fabric and.

Postby willowherb » Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

i love buying fabric, but i have to hide it from the OH if he finds some i pretend that its for my patchwork :giggle:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

i love fabirc but i do use it evenchaly.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Guilty :oops: I buy nice fabric and then don't use it for the project intended because I don't get around to it, or I just buy the fabric because i love it and it seems too precious to cut up! For some mad reason I bought about 8 metres of fleece in different colours and patterns, I probably won't use it until winter. And when I buy fabric, I usually get a few metres of different things so I can make the postage worthwhile :roll: I got 5m of fabric to make an infinity dress, half-made it, and still have quite a lot of fabric left. I buy BV, bamboo terry and hemp fabric even when I've still got some left just in case a big project where I'll need loads of the stuff comes up and I don't have enough...

I have a huge trunk full of fabric, a large cardboard box with the fleece stuffed into it, another box with WIP's and dyed fabric, and a couple of binbags of old fabric I'll probably never use in the attic :oops:

In theory I make clothes for the kids and occasionally myself so as to save money. What does not save me money is bulk buying fabric and yarn and dyes and hoarding it up.

You know what I don't have? Decent thread :lookround:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Wed May 25, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm worse for buying fabric scraps then not using them :roll: . I do tend to use larger fabric pieces with a specific task in mind though :D

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes i'm awful for it!! I do tend to eventually use it- but i do have a big box full of cotton fabrics.....

I am currently working my way through 30mtres of bv..... slowly......... :lookround:

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

I do hoard a lot of fabric, bought as it may come in handy, and then stuffed on the shelf with the rest of it all :oops:

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Wed May 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Guity here too :giggle:

I have two huge storage boxes full of fabric, more piled on top. Dh keeps whinging that its taking over the house :oops: I do make stuff with some of it, but alot of it is sitting waiting for the perfect project :giggle:

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Thu May 26, 2011 6:22 am

I do this with yarn, but my Mum does it with fabric, my old bedroom at their house now has fabric in every drawer!

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!