hf1

Would this work?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Would this work?

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu May 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Alesha is driving me nuts at the moment, i love the long days but i cant get her too bed as she likes to sleep in darkness and then she is waking at 4-5am thinking its time to get up - hmmm i think not!!!

i have some blackout material which i bought a while ago and for the last two nights i have been celotaping it (yes i know im mad but needs must im exhausted) all the way around the edge, i tried sewing suction cups to the material but they where cheapy ones and the fabric is heavy so it just pulled them off, now im thinking of buying some velcro (its cheap and easy for me too get hold off) the sew on stuff for sewing onto the fabric and then the stick on stuff for the wooden window frames? would this work? am hoping to does cause at least i can velcro it up and down in the morning/at bedtime and it will seal the window so we can sleep
OR

any other cheap suggestions, nope bricking up the window isnt a option :hohoho:

x

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Would this work?

Postby laceybat » Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 pm

we put up some black out fabric just in the window and then take it out when he get's up
so i would give it a go

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:48 pm

I think you can get kitchen foil wet and it sticks to the window having the same affect as blackout material hun - i'm sure someone else will come along and confirm it though as I have never tried it!

Failing that I would look for a heavy duty velcro and use that. We have a gro anywhere blackout blind which has the suckers that stick to the window and it is a complete pain - no matter how much I adjust it there are always tiny gaps that let light in :roll:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm

We currently have 2 large navy blue bath towels pegged to the curtain rail Darcy's bedroom window :giggle: We were going to get black out blinds but as we are due to move at the end of the year we didn't want to get any yet in case they don't fit the windows when we move! x

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:54 pm

Hannahboo wrote:We currently have 2 large navy blue bath towels pegged to the curtain rail Darcy's bedroom window :giggle: We were going to get black out blinds but as we are due to move at the end of the year we didn't want to get any yet in case they don't fit the windows when we move! x

we have one of those heavy velour theatre-type curtains in our room that gets pinned up every night to make it dark! :giggle:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm

e586 wrote:
Hannahboo wrote:We currently have 2 large navy blue bath towels pegged to the curtain rail Darcy's bedroom window :giggle: We were going to get black out blinds but as we are due to move at the end of the year we didn't want to get any yet in case they don't fit the windows when we move! x

we have one of those heavy velour theatre-type curtains in our room that gets pinned up every night to make it dark! :giggle:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm

:wave: George has a black
out roller blind, blackout curtains AND a go anywhere blackout sheet tucked over the net curtain rail (cos it too let in too much light byn the suckers :roll: ) AND :wine: YAY there isn't a tiny teeny bit of light in that room. :lol:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 pm

my brother in aus sticky-tapes aluminium foil to his kids windows and says it works a treat.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Thu May 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Tin foil is a cheap option, don't like the idea of wasting it everyday thou, think will see if the Velcro works, will
Let ya know of it does :giggle: xx

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!