hf1

Soda ash

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Soda ash

Postby jennyclaire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:44 pm

is soda ash the same as the soda crystals you can buy in the supermarket?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Soda ash

Postby monsterm » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Yup :wink:

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:15 pm

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:41 pm

I didn't think it was :-? Well, it's similar but the soda crystals but it's not the same strength. I used half a packet of the soda crystals to dye a few things before, and it wasn't enough. Soda ash can be bought on ebay, although I bought a bottle of powder called "PH Up" sold for swimming pool use, it was super cheap (cheaper than the bags sold specifically for dyeing, but its the exact same thing) and you may be able to get it in a local pool/diving supply shop if you happen to have one near you.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 pm

gayleygoo wrote:I didn't think it was :-? Well, it's similar but the soda crystals but it's not the same strength. I used half a packet of the soda crystals to dye a few things before, and it wasn't enough. Soda ash can be bought on ebay, although I bought a bottle of powder called "PH Up" sold for swimming pool use, it was super cheap (cheaper than the bags sold specifically for dyeing, but its the exact same thing) and you may be able to get it in a local pool/diving supply shop if you happen to have one near you.

Thanks, I will probably stick with the soda ash then :)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:21 am

This is the stuff I use here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500g-Soda-Ash-pH- ... 414bd7cae2 its half the price of the other offers on there.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 am

gayleygoo wrote:This is the stuff I use here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500g-Soda-Ash-pH- ... 414bd7cae2 its half the price of the other offers on there.

Thanks! that's a good price :)

My avatar
ashleyjames222
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ashleyjames222 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:35 pm

:thumbsup: you are right

pakbiz. com/Soda-Ash_SID60.html

My avatar
katyav
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby katyav » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:05 am

DH got me some from a pound shop but haven't used it yet so can't comment on how good it is! Big bottle though..

Return to DIY and share your projects!