hf1

Knit/Jersey/interlock fabric print site suggestions please

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Knit/Jersey/interlock fabric print site suggestions please

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:49 am

Please can you recommend me some websites for interesting and pretty girly knit print fabrics?

I've been searching etsy but would prefer uk sites really although I'm not overly fussed about buying from the US it just takes longer to get to me :lol:

I know that the co-ops are the best place I think but having not joined the group does Nur have a direct site? I don't mind paying more than co-op prices I guess I just want some fabrics to make pretty things for the girls :lol:

I also need some of that ribbing edge stuff I guess for neck lines? I'm a bit of a novice at this stuff!!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Knit/Jersey/interlock fabric print site suggestions please

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:40 am

If you are using the fishsticks patterns, then you dont need ribbing, you just use interlock, and tbh I would use interlock for the neckline even if I wasnt using the fishsticks patterns as it holds its stretch a lot better and is much less likely to be pulled out of shape.
You can still join the co-ops it generally doesnt take long for someone to accept your request to join, and I think you would be able to join in the nur order. Im not sure if you can order from nur without being part of the co-op tho :-?
You can buy a decent amount of interlocks and knit prints from lushtush, and tissu.co.uk sells a great selection of plain coloured intolocks which work great as contrasting fabrics and for necklines/wrist cuffs/leg cuffs etc etc. They do sell some prints, but not many.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

YOu can buy direct from Nur, but the prices are a bit higher
http://www.printknitsstudio.com/
Other thing to keep in mind when ordering directly from her is that you would be looking at ordering 2 yards for a flat rate envelope or 11 yards for a flat rate box. The next co-op with Nur is due to close on the 17th.
I really prefer ribbing for the neckline as it will hold it's shape better than interlock, and allow better stretch. Ribbing is a different fabric from rib knit (which you can't use for the necklines).
Best place for ribbing (the 2x 2 cotton lycra stuff) and quality plain interlock is Vend
http://www.vendfabricsonline.co.uk/
Tissu has some good quality interlock. I've found the prints to be excellent, but with the plain colours there can be issue with dye running (depending on the colour you get)
http://www.tissufabrics.co.uk/fabric-store/

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:06 pm

and I have a sale on - its the last day :wink:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Soozi wrote:and I have a sale on - its the last day :wink:

Self promoting, I love it :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm

choccylisa wrote:

Would help if I self promoted accurately ! Call it preggo brain again but I thought it was Sunday today - the sale is on for days yet !! :oops:

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Soozi wrote:
choccylisa wrote:

Would help if I self promoted accurately ! Call it preggo brain again but I thought it was Sunday today - the sale is on for days yet !! :oops:

:hohoho:

got mine today- thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :wine:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

e586 wrote:[

:hohoho:

got mine today- thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :wine:[/quote]
:giggle:

I got mine yesterday and already made a dress for Darcy, may even be back for some more :giggle:

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Glad they both arrived safely :D

Emily - it may be a 6 weeks until mum visits so it was best that I posted it :hug: plus knowing mum it would then be sat at hers for a good month ! I got my Christmas present off my aunt last month which had been at mums house for 6 months :giggle:

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!