hf1

Fishsticks Emmy dress (pic heavy)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fishsticks Emmy dress (pic heavy)

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:20 am

Can't believe how easy these were to make up. First time I have ever followed a pattern and loved the way it was all laid out and was very easy to follow. Would highly recommend. Going to make the Jamie Jumper this afternoon :giggle:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Fishsticks Emmy dress (pic heavy)

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:22 am

Gorgeous - well done :wine:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:43 am

They're great! You'd never know they were your first go, they look really well done :wine:

Do you have the full kit for sewing knit fabrics (ball point needles and a walking/rolling foot)?
I have the needles, but don't have the foot yet, so I've been putting off trying out the patterns until I get it.

My avatar
peachy.moo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby peachy.moo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:44 am

They are gorgeous :wine:

Love the longsleeve- can I be nosey & ask what the top jersey is..?

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 am

Geordie_Girl wrote:They're great! You'd never know they were your first go, they look really well done :wine:

Do you have the full kit for sewing knit fabrics (ball point needles and a walking/rolling foot)?
I have the needles, but don't have the foot yet, so I've been putting off trying out the patterns until I get it.

I am just using a normal needle, but I bought a walking foot from John Lewis and I have no problems with sewing it at all :wine:

peachy.moo wrote:They are gorgeous :wine:

Love the longsleeve- can I be nosey & ask what the top jersey is..?

My favourite is the long sleeve too, the short sleeved was my first attempt and made more for a practice go. I got the flowery fabric from Lush Tush, but I bought the last piece of it. Think it was called Hawaiian flowers. Maybe she will be getting some more in at some point?

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:25 am

Those look fab, well done :wine: I think I might have to get the pattern for DD, got the little one layette and done a lap tee and a gown and the patterns are so easy to follow.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

Tara84 wrote:Those look fab, well done :wine: I think I might have to get the pattern for DD, got the little one layette and done a lap tee and a gown and the patterns are so easy to follow.

I got the little one layette ready for when we have baby no 2 :giggle:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:37 am

Looks fab :-)
If you are sewing knit fabrics i would really recomend getting some ball point needles. Normal needles break the threads in knits which leaves little holes in the fabric whicj will get bigger with more use. The ball point pushes the threads asside rather than breaking them so doesnt cause the holes.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 am

red_dwarf wrote:Looks fab :-)
If you are sewing knit fabrics i would really recomend getting some ball point needles. Normal needles break the threads in knits which leaves little holes in the fabric whicj will get bigger with more use. The ball point pushes the threads asside rather than breaking them so doesnt cause the holes.

Oh I didn't realise that, thanks for letting me know. Will get some ordered and hold off making anything else until they arrive :D

Next

Return to DIY and share your projects!